Looking to build a new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJHenf View Post
    When I'm home later I'll have to post up my "expected" build and see what you guys think. My cost quickly went from $1,000 to almost $1,400, but I'm far happier with the end result.

This just means it'll be another month or so before I can get everything and put it together, but I think it'll be worth the wait.

Edit: and I greatly appreciate all the help thus far. I feel like having you guys here to help is almost cheating!
    Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
    z68 is fast approaching and im hoping it causes prices to drop more.
    If you are going for high end and have the $$ then you may want to wait for the enthusiast chip set.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Im not so sure they will be worth the premium.

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
        Im not so sure they will be worth the premium.
        If not they may at least drop the prices of the other parts, it will be fun to watch.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
          PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7
          CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
          RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
          CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler
          GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N570D5-13I-B GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
          HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I already went ahead and ordered my case. I got the RV02; the thread I saw on these forums really sold me on it, especially after all I'd read on it. I was reading dozens of threads/reviews on the Asus motherboard I was planning on getting (the P8P67 Pro), most of which seemed to describe small issues. The MSI option you guys suggested seems much better. I also looked into CPU coolers and found that most run into issues with blocking RAM slots. After seeing the system built by Dead Again, I believe, the H70 seemed like a great solution to this and an excellent option for cooling. Because I plan on going with the same mobo/cpu cooler/case, I'd especially love any input you might have on the combo. The RV02 even looked much better than the RV03 in terms of design and just aesthetics.

I've yet to include a CD/DVD reader/writer etc. because it's the last thing to get to on my list. I still have one from a few years back I can toss in to do my OS install and what not until I upgrade it. Luckily, most games can simply be purchased and installed online now-a-days.

But please, if you guys have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Comment

Looks good. Should keep you gaming for a long time.

Hope to have my 1155 build started in 1-3 weeks.

Comment

That is going to be a beast of a system, especially with the GTX 570. That was the one weak point in my system; I am reusing the GTX275 from my previous build.

I love the RV02E case. It was really easy to set up, and the H70 fits really well. The only hiccup I had was that the cutout behind the CPU was a little too small; make sure you put the H70's backplate on the motherboard before you put the board in the case. I agree RE the RV02 vs. RV03. I didn't think the RV03 looked as good either.

It is very easy to OC the 2500K. Just do a google search and you will find some how-to guides.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X