Optimizing Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizing Performance

What are some things that you can do to maximize your PCs performance for the newest games?
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

#1 Drivers.
    #2 More Drivers.
    #3 Driver Settings
    #4 Windows Tweaks
    #5 Google is your friend.

You can usually find a list of background programs running that dont need to be. Windows usually has services running you dont need also.

You have a pretty good beast of a system so as long as the game has had graphics patches and nvidia has pumped out optimized drivers for the games you are playing you should be good.

Comment

#6 Tweak CPU / Ram settings (OC if needed)
      #7 Bios Updates
      #8 "Fresh" Windows installation with latest patches
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

what about that program called gamebooster?
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

sounds like crap to me. the more stuff you have running, the less you have to work with. with your ram, cpu and set up, i seriously doubt you'd notice much of a difference. bad ass is bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
            what about that program called gamebooster?
            Yeah I've already turned off all the unneeded services and I'm not running anything in the background so I see it as minimal value

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
              #8 "Fresh" Windows installation with latest patches
              I think this one gives you the most bump for tweaks, but its also the most time consuming by far. Blow away 3+ years of accumulated crap to speed up my games ?? Hope you have a long weekend to burn on the job !
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

With a new system, you shouldn't need anything like that anyway...
                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

The best way I found out to optimize a rig for gaming, is keep it a dedicated gaming machine. Do all your other computing on another machine.
                  Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                    I think this one gives you the most bump for tweaks, but its also the most time consuming by far. Blow away 3+ years of accumulated crap to speed up my games ?? Hope you have a long weekend to burn on the job !
                    spend a weekend, do it right and image the drive. then, refresh it in less than 30 minutes whenever you care to.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
                      The best way I found out to optimize a rig for gaming, is keep it a dedicated gaming machine. Do all your other computing on another machine.
                      That works pretty good. all of my website/home automation is on my linux box, my laptop is for browsing and my desktop is for gaming. Although when dealing with raw images I need to use photoshop on my desktop just for it's cpu power.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
                        this is what i do. gaming machine opens steam, and games, thats about it. not everyone has this option tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                          this is what i do. gaming machine opens steam, and games, thats about it. not everyone has this option tough.
                          I hear that. My old gaming machine usually becomes my new photoshop machine. In the past when I only had one machine it would get bogged down with junk. Between installing peripherals and other software that goes with daily computing it was always a game of shutting down running processes ect before game time.

I keep my gaming machine lean and mean. I only have two games installed. I don't even have antivirus on it. Machine boots in 20 seconds.
                          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

the GF went on some installing spree right after i built this,, i was MAD!! she has her own rig, plus the old rig,,, i got it all off.

benefit of upgrading, the 2nd PC gets one as well , for free!

Comment

another option is to create another user for gaming. Then you can limit what gets loaded for that user.
                              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X