So... it has come to a conclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... it has come to a conclusion

I have chosen my next gaming rig.. i've paid $900-$1,000ish for everything. a Friend works at a shop and got me some killer deals for some of these to come by.

cpu:Intel Core i7 2600K
    mobo:MSI P67A-GD53 B32 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots
    cpu hs:Scythe Mugen Rev B
    ram: Patriot G series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600
    vid card: EVGA Geforce GTX 460 SC ( i will change later on )
    case: NZXT Phantome (friend had an extra one )
    psu: Corsair TX850W
    ssd: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD (mainly for gaming)
    hdd: Seagate Barracuda - 2 TB (for everything else NOT related to gaming
    cd drives: LiteOn DVD-RW
    monitor: using my samsung 46inch LED tv

pics coming soon! some of the items aren't all coming at once..i'd say give it a week or 2!

HOLY CRAP! IM SO EXCITED! TEHEHEHE *runs around like a lil girl*

Grats!!!!!!!!
    Just order mine last night

Comment

Way too many of you guys are upgrading. Making me jealous that I can't swing one right now because of my fence replacement.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

haha brian, niceee!! looking forward to seeing some pics.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          Way too many of you guys are upgrading. Making me jealous that I can't swing one right now because of my fence replacement.

-Rand
          well... this is the year where the most anticipated game comes out so.. :P
          btw its my 2nd actual gaming comp i ever built lol.

Comment

Looks good. One problem I see: that SSD is probably going to be too small. I have a 120GB SSD, and it was half full after installing the OS and drivers. I would recommend getting at least a 120GB drive.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
              Looks good. One problem I see: that SSD is probably going to be too small. I have a 120GB SSD, and it was half full after installing the OS and drivers. I would recommend getting at least a 120GB drive.
              yea i know, i was thinking the same.. but it was almost a freebie so i took it. :]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

-Rand
                Same here. I really need to upgrade my PC.

Comment

[/URL]

all my parts are here (EXCEPT MY CPU ) i missed the package yesterday!!!!.. just got to pick up some zip ties and some minor stuff..
                  but wont be able to do any work this weekend.. getting ready for mothers day..

more pics will come when i start working on it

Comment

you have a water cooler and a CPU fan? i must admit, you got me confused. is the fan to keep your old rig cooler or something?

if that MSI board is anything like mine, there is a straight up OC switch on the board itself, 10/15/20% OC no fuss.

Comment

Nice! i do love me a nice retail package shot.
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                        you have a water cooler and a CPU fan? i must admit, you got me confused. is the fan to keep your old rig cooler or something?

if that MSI board is anything like mine, there is a straight up OC switch on the board itself, 10/15/20% OC no fuss.
                        my friend threw in the water cooler for free as a freebie.. i didnt get any of these from neweggs or tiger.. got it thru my friends comp shop. same goes for the 60 SSD got it for free too.. so who knows if i might need it later or give it way.

yea the MSI mobo has the OC switch "1sec OC" or w/e its called.
                        MSI Global ?€“ Mainboard - P67A-GD53 (B3)

Comment

hell, i guess go with the water cooler. even if its only the h50, i bet it does better than the fan.

bummer on the no cpu yet, thats the most important part( unless you are missing some other part, then that is the most important one!)

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                            hell, i guess go with the water cooler. even if its only the h50, i bet it does better than the fan.

bummer on the no cpu yet, thats the most important part( unless you are missing some other part, then that is the most important one!)
                            yep thats the main one..sadly i'll have to wait till monday to go pick up the CPU at the ups pick up warehouse afterwork

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X