Just got a new HP Laptop G6 series, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a new HP Laptop G6 series, but

....my old Norton 360 ver. 2 is not compatible with the NEW Windows 7 OS. What ticks me off is that I JUST re-UPPED my Norton Subscription last month.

They're basically telling me I Have to purchase a new deal so it works with Win 7.

Is this true?

THanks

I just have the 60 Trial of NIS for now

Who's got 2 thumbs and had the same thing happen? Me!

Comment

use ms security essentials, free, free updates, and since ive been using it, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
        use ms security essentials, free, free updates, and since ive been using it, no issues.
        You can really use that as a replacement for the entire Norton or Mcaffee Suite? (firewalls and all?)

I tried installing IT ,but it detected Malware Antimalware bytes and norton.

Wonder if you can trust MS Security Ess to do FULL protection?

Comment

i still run malwarebytes scans, and spybot, but i have very little issues.(cookies and clearing caches etc)
          now i did get some nasty something a while back, but i seriously have no idea where( i think the GF helped out a bit on that one)
          but anytime anything comes up, i get a warning. it updates itself pretty much daily, and doesnt seem to hog any resources. i know a lot of folks here use it. thats where i learned about it( cain)

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY {CLR} View Post
            You can really use that as a replacement for the entire Norton or Mcaffee Suite? (firewalls and all?)

I tried installing IT ,but it detected Malware Antimalware bytes and norton.

Wonder if you can trust MS Security Ess to do FULL protection?

I haven't had any issues and I haven't pair for virus protection in YEARS. Man up and kick Norton to the curb.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
              I haven't had any issues and I haven't pair for virus protection in YEARS. Man up and kick Norton to the curb.

What do you use?

Comment

What do you use?
                MSE, Malwarebytes, AVG and responsible surfing habits. I also use CCleaner every few weeks or when needed if I get any slowdowns.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                  MSE, Malwarebytes, AVG and responsible surfing habits. I also use CCleaner every few weeks or when needed if I get any slowdowns.
                  What do you use as a Firewall? Are Firewalls even necessary?

(Just an FYI, I'll be using it for work related purposes - so there is kind of a need for good protection all the way around)

OH, and just got back from seeing THOR.

Comment

how was it?!?!!?

Comment

So, going back to my ORIGINAL question. lol

I guess I have to buy a NEW whole AV simply because I have a new OS now?

Comment

I have a firewall on my router and I use the windows one.

Comment

So, going back to my ORIGINAL question. lol

I guess I have to buy a NEW whole AV simply because I have a new OS now?
                          only if you do not think that MSE, malwarebytes and spybot arent enough. My router has built in firewall as well as windows having one. behind all that stuff, i do not get bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                            only if you do not think that MSE, malwarebytes and spybot arent enough. My router has built in firewall as well as windows having one. behind all that stuff, i do not get bothered.
                            How do you know what IS enough?

Comment

i think that just comes down to personal preference. i think mine is enough. but it is like spaghetti sauce. you may or may not want more garlic.

id get maybe 1 virus a year when i used norton stuff, i get maybe a virus a year using the current set up.

i can understand your paranoia since you will be having work stuff on it, but.. using norton is no promise you wont get hacked anyway. id like to think if something happened, and you could provide you were using known valid AV software, you'd get in no more/less trouble than buying norton.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X