CLR's still play this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thrashdragon
    Back on topic...I know it's tanked on the PC but is UT3 on the PS3 doing decently?
    Even worse than PC. At the very least the PC version has a few dedicated fans of the series propping the game up, the PS3 has none of that and a whole host of problems.

When it first arrived it wasn't able to be modded from out of the box, creating an unholy excrement storm over at epics forums. The voice system on the PS3 version was bust, so communication on it was impossible (you can't really type out on a console). And some of the most basic console features were either missing or falling short of what they needed to be such as split screen and friends lists.

As well, CoD4 is available on PS3. That game is beating the crap out of UT3 right now on any platform.

Comment

Back on topic...I know it's tanked on the PC but is UT3 on the PS3 doing decently? There aren't a lot of shooters on the PS3 yet so I'd think it would do pretty well.
      Sorry to double post but I can't edit my post above.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=599637

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Zoidberg
        As well, CoD4 is available on PS3. That game is beating the crap out of UT3 right now on any platform.
        leading rockets and controlling powerups has kind of faded with the times, its all about "taticool" hitscan games now people will get tired of using the M4 and ak-47 in every single game they play... hopefully.

As for those few dedicated PC users that are keeping this game afloat, its true that theres few of us but i assure you we are working over time

Currently the community is working on some awesome projects.. a community map pack has already been released. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...highlight=HOLP

The HOLP map pack is an excellent bunch of maps focused on smooth frames and tested map layout. Although, they went for a less graphically intense maps, they still look really spiffy.

One thing thats nice about this map pack is it includes five tournament grade CTF maps. This was a really nice insight by the mappers, they purposely did this because CTF ladders were lacking players. Hopefully this wont be too little, too late.

Comment

Back on topic...I know it's tanked on the PC but is UT3 on the PS3 doing decently?
          Even worse than PC. At the very least the PC version has a few dedicated fans of the series propping the game up, the PS3 has none of that and a whole host of problems.

When it first arrived it wasn't able to be modded from out of the box, creating an unholy excrement storm over at epics forums. The voice system on the PS3 version was bust, so communication on it was impossible (you can't really type out on a console). And some of the most basic console features were either missing or falling short of what they needed to be such as split screen and friends lists.

Actually the PS3 version has sold a little over 100,000 copies. Not anything too brag about, but a lot better then the 30-40 thousand for the PC.

I think they took the fun out of this game. Even though I like UT2004 better I would play online if their was a good low ping server available that stayed full.

Comment

IMO the PS3 version is doing fine (no trouble finding players here) and it's still has the Europe release as well. It's a pretty good first attempt in having a "hard core" FPS for the console that runs smooth, looks great, provides KB+M option and now mod support.
            It's been a total blast playing UT3 on the big screen...

P.S. While it still has the voice chat issues right now I really don't mind NOT hearing all the background noises that most headsets (especially BT) seem to pick up...

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos[X
              ]
              Actually the PS3 version has sold a little over 100,000 copies. Not anything too brag about, but a lot better then the 30-40 thousand for the PC.
              That 30-40K figure was nov usa in shop sales. So no download sales included. No online amzon type sales included. No sales for dec/jan included and no rest of the planet sales included. Other than that I'm sure it's spot on! The PC game probably sold a few 100K global by now but still fails to get to 1000 players online in primetime most days. People tried it, didn't like it and now play cod4 or tf2 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy
                People tried it, didn't like it and now play cod4 or tf2 instead.
                QFT, I still prefer UT's sci-fi gameplay to the hughly superficial realism of COD4, but everyone wants to pretend they're Jack Bauer or in Iraq or something these days. Unfortunately where the people go, I go. :\

Comment

I pop in to UT3 occasionally but not much. Still play some 2k4 but am primarily doing cod4 now....one of the first non-ut games I've ever played regularly. Why should I play ut3 when all it is is a prettier but slower paced version of 2k4 that requires a monster pc to run??? I hope the modding community can do something to make it more enjoyable.

Comment

can someone give me the IP for CLR server in UT3
                    (if there is 1)

Comment

quote]That 30-40K figure was nov usa in shop sales. So no download sales included. No online amzon type sales included. No sales for dec/jan included and no rest of the planet sales included. Other than that I'm sure it's spot on! The PC game probably sold a few 100K global by now but still fails to get to 1000 players online in primetime most days. People tried it, didn't like it and now play cod4 or tf2 instead.[[/quote]

LOL. Excellent destruction of a bogus statistic followed by another pile of speculative nonsense. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns
                        I'm still playing.
                        Mee too, but cant find a CLR server.

Comment

You guys are more than welcome to play on the T5K Public UT3 Server when the urge strikes.
                          64.94.11.31:8888

Slaughter's is available too
                          [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Since nomadicus has posted the IP info and I'm guessing Cain won't run UT3 anymore, I have two other small UT3 servers running. One is a version of RPG Invasion (survive hordes of invading monsters with some magical/level based coolness as well) and a game mode called BattleTeamArena which is similar to Freon (freeze tag) in UT2004.

BattleRPG Invasion: 64.37.73.212
                            BattleTeamArena: 64.37.73.203
                            --Slaughter

Comment

The only thing I am playing these days is my orga...er.. I mean six string.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug{CLR}
                                The only thing I am playing these days is my orga...er.. I mean six string.
                                Whats up Slug hope all is well.
                                [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X