It not a bad game after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It not a bad game after all

I been playing quake wars all morning and it really good team based game only thing that get me is how the hell do you rank up on the game

You do not rank up. You regain the upgrades every new campaign!

Comment

Yer I found out this now I have ranked uo twice and to say I love the game this game has everything BF2142 never had.

Comment

And it is so well balanced!! I love how you can control your own destiny a little by having your own deployables and defensive turrets.

My ONE hate is the people playing are just driving the MCV into hostile territory without even thinking about taking out a few turrets first!

Comment

Can you expand on a comparison of QW vs. BF2142?

I have list my copy of BF2142 and was thinking of buying the deluxe edition that is coming out this week for $30, but if QW is better, then I'll just get it.

Comment

Ok I will try to explain best I can mate BF2142 deluxe edition pack is what we call the end of Life pack it comes with Northen Strike ok, they Did the same thing with BF2.

As for Quake Wars Vs BF2142 in Bf2142 you play one mape at a time ok like attacking the the titan ok after a while it get's boring.

As on the other Hand Quake wars you play Each round of the Game over 3 very large maps, And Each mission final objective is diffrent ok.

you have 5 diffrent Class on each side ok but I love playing the Field op because you can calling Airstrike's and other Various things.

The game play is also fast least to say and you can also change the out come of the Battle.

I belive QW is really cheap now I payed ?17 for my copy so if you have BF2142 and Northen Strike then they is no point buying deluxe edition of BF2142.

So my advise is by A copy of QW I hope I have explained the best I can you mate it up to you if you get QW my User name is Ghost_Rain.

Comment

One more aspect of ETQW (Enemy Terrritory Quake Wars) is that ETQW is slower and REQUIRES more teamwork than COD4.

There are 3 stages to each map against a timer. Most maps are 20 minutes long.

One scenario is build the bridge, drive the convoy to a specific spawn point, destroy the shield generator, destroy the sewage plant.

As you can imagine, it requires that everyone know what they should be doing, everyone should pick a role and stick with it, and everyone die alot.

I am most commonly a pilot or a rocketeer. (my own designated name)
              I dont pay attention to the medals or the missions. I want my team to win.
              You can play for the mission points, so your online account earns pts and medals- but being that the rank is not perked- I dont care.

As a pilot- I strafe the spawn points, disable the enemy aircraft at the airpad so they cant strike back, and eliminate sniper posts - as these areas of the map are the reasons for common failure.

As a rocketeer- I nail down anything that is a turret. Anti Personnel turrets, anti vehicle turrets, etc.

This game is veyr fun- it jsut take a very long time to finish a map, and after a full campaign, I am usually done.

If there are preferred CLR servers, I would enjoy playing with you all. I have been playing ETQW since it came out on day 1.

Engineers are by far the most valuable role in the game as they plant turrets and keep things rolling such as bridge building, vehicle movement, and disabling enemy detonators.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X