• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix for stuttering during Airstrikes

http://www.infinityward.com/communit...ic,2348.0.html

I always disable my AV before playing.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Crap, blocked from work...
      This will be the First thing I look at when I get home from work.
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Hmm, I'll try it out but I really don't have many problem with mine but it might help my frame per second!
        [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

If your using CA Anti Virus Suite....

I can confirm this is THE FIX .

I have always " snoozed " my AV but still had the Air Strike Shutters.
          I actually learned to live with it

You must disable it all together and BINGO smooth as silk.
          \

Ever wondered why I would run and hide like a baby during them Air Stikes

Comment

Can anyone here using Symantec Corporate antivirus confirm if this works?

And if so, how do you disable it, because I am unable to find out how to turn it off.

Comment

Poor Poor You! Unfortunately for all you NORTON users, you will have to suffer. Various versions of Norton AV are not even possible to be disabled OR exited. You can even try to start task manager and end task on all the norton processes, but they'll come right back! I have my own computer business and I have tried just about every single virus scanner out there. Norton is the WORST and causes more problems than it fixes. This is not JUST my opinion. If you ever hung around my computer shop and saw the problems that it causes, you'd agree. Some people swear by it and it does run fine for what some people use it for, and some people never recognize the issues that come about..... the average pc user usually doesn't.

~~mike~~

P.S. I don't run a virus scanner at all... period.

Comment

Almost forgot. The newest version of McAfee is the same way. You cannot shut it off. On some of my other pc's on my network, I use System Mechanics Professional Version 6 (version 7 sucks). Version 6 has Kaspersky antivirus software in the suite. It does what it is supposed to do and is easy to use. I recommend PcCillin by TrendMicro to my customers.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
                  P.S. I don't run a virus scanner at all... period.
                  I might as well not, but i got it for my family and for their machines too...
                  Yes I don't trust a 6yo browsing the net, and my Mother too lmao

They have their own but i dont want any of their yuckies.

anyway, yeah point of post, I might as well not, i've not had a virus or anything at all in the last 9-11 years... before then I dont know, that ways my Dads job

Trend is GOOD, i use it here, and i recommend it to others.
                  Best experience i've had is with them.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                  ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I disable mine, turn off the service and I still get some stutter with air strikes. It's not bad but annoying. I have the G force 6800 card. Yeah I know there are better ones out there but I really don't want to get another card until I am in the position to build a newer system. I turn off any service I don't need when I game. I may need to work on my in game settings some. I have most of that turned down or off but sometimes when I turn it's like the game has to catch up and I get a little jerk and by that time someone has killed me.

Comment

I'm not saying it is for everyone (not running an A/V at all as I do) but when I download something, I usually do it on one of my protected machines on my network. I have one machine with a 40 gb drive with a 160 gb secondary. I have another machine with a 120 gb main and a 120 gb secondary. The other two machines are 60 gb with 80 gb secondary drives. All of those machines run A/V and my newest machine is the vista machine with no A/V which is what I use for gaming. The others are for storage of files and such, and then I have a linux server running Clarkconnect that has clamav on it (linux version of antivirus) that checks stuff for me too. (The clarkconnect machine has a content filter that I use to keep my kids from seeing stuff that I don't want them to see online, or visit certain types of sites that are blacklisted..The best content filter I've ever tried.)

When I download something I use WinVNC or what's now called RealVNC which I use to remotely connect to the desktop without having to leave my main machine. I download programs and such and scan them with a few select programs that I have found to be the best, and then I can pass it over to the main machine across the network. I have 4 twenty four port cisco rack mount switches (I only use two) and I have a 16 port switch inside my house about 350 feet away from my shop. I also have a wireless access point for customers who use laptops with wireless.

If you have multiple machines, like I do, and you choose not to run an A/V scanner on your gaming rig, you should use the others to download and scan files before transferring them across the network.

Comment

I'm behind two firewalls and who knows what else at home. Things get scanned so many times there isn't much left of the file by the time my machine gets it.

Comment

I'm not sure what this strutter thing everyone is talking about but is it some form of lag caused by Air Strike? Or is it that annoying sound when YOU send in an Air Strike and get multiple kills or hits?

Comment

i think that it is when the guy's voice stutters and says A-a-a-a-bound

Comment

ohhhhhh, that would be wierd, at least they found out how to fix this for some people. GJ

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X