Getting back to back BSoD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting back to back BSoD

Hey whats up Cains Lair forums! Well I got a blue screen error last year around November for memory management, but I easily cleared that up and thought I was safe. But surely enough the BSoD came around and in troughs. If I am correct here were the BSoD erros messages I received back to back a couple days ago; Memory Management (again :/), page fault in nonpaged area, and also Reference by Pointer. But I started to get all these when I installed the Witcher 2, which made me kind of frustrated. I have not overclocked my CPU,GPU, or any other hardware components. I also may think it may be the weather, it is getting very hot in Kansas, 100 degrees F and my pc is in nowhere near an air conditioner and really I cant move it anywhere. Could someone please help me solve these error's, could it be the Witcher 2, heat, or maybe another hardware error? Thanks a lot guys

Here are my computer specs:
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor @2.81GHz
    Mobo: Asus M4A78T-E
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
    HDD: Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB
    RAM:Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 8GM DDR3 @1600MHz

Sorry if I missed anything for you guys to help, please tell me. Thanks again

Locate the dump files and upload them so we can take a look.

Comment

open the side panel up and make sure theres no dust bunnies,if there is,blow them out.If its clean and it may be getting hot,keep the side panel off and put a small fan next to it,to keep it cool.See if that helps.heat is not a good thing.

Comment

The best way to see if its heat is to check out the temps. EVGA has a program called precession that can tell you information about temps and fan speeds. A program called realtemp can will give you CPU temps. I would provide links but I'm on vacation posting from my phone. I had some bsod issues recently and you may find some useful information in the thread I made, donzi was able to point me in the right direction after I uploaded the files he is making for. Good luck.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
          I will try too

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEATH[GoD]Gen View Post
            open the side panel up and make sure theres no dust bunnies,if there is,blow them out.If its clean and it may be getting hot,keep the side panel off and put a small fan next to it,to keep it cool.See if that helps.heat is not a good thing.
            Alright, I will do that. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
              I located them but how do i uplaod them? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by snakeeater11112 View Post
                I located them but how do i uplaod them? Thanks
                zip the file or rar the file and use a hosting site like

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
                MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
                Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
                FileSonic, fast and easy file storage.
                Hotfile.com: One click file hosting
                Welcome to Oron.com

lol it can go more.. but that should be plenty..

when it finishes uploading, copy the link and paste it on here
                and then we can continue helping you

Comment

I used My public folder in my Dropbox and Donzi helped me from there. I had meant to link to this thread which may help you. Troubleshooting BSODs - Cain's Lair Forums
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X