Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cain View Post
    Great question. On board sound...
    yah a good usb headset from plantronics/turtle beach/ logitech would suit well
    sigpic

The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.

Comment

Comment

Cain at this moment u cant find anything better than this G930 i posted above

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
          Turtle Beach used to make pretty high end sound cards. On the edge of consumer and pro studio stuff. Then they were bought out by Voyetra. If your an old enough gamer that name might ring a bell. Rossy are you sure you run some code to mute everything other than your voice? The reason I ask is they can also build the mic to be sensitive to close sounds only. Thats the diff between a omni and directional mic. I mean it wouldn't surprise me if they made some software. It would basically analyze the wave form and drop everything above or below a human voice.
          i cant remember what ny settings are all i know is my logi used to pic up quite alot of background noise but my turtle pics up pretty much just my voice ..
          sigpic

Comment

the bad things is I have a big head. <hold back the jokes> I mean it literally.
            I have to try on the headphone before I buy.

Comment

I use Turtle Beachn HPA's with an X-fi gamer sound card. Very powerful, I've tried everything in the past and these destroy them. These are going on 2 years and still are in great shape and get alot of use. Have not tried new stuff since have not had the need.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Campinstien View Post
                I use Turtle Beachn HPA's with an X-fi gamer sound card. Very powerful, I've tried everything in the past and these destroy them. These are going on 2 years and still are in great shape and get alot of use. Have not tried new stuff since have not had the need.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                  The G35 and G930s mentioned in this thread are both complete gaming headsets which provide great sound and Mic. I'm sure the other brands are also good quality.
                  Yup. I have the G35 because I am not a fan of wireless things. With it I hear even the sneakiest of folks...prevents me from being knifed too often (though it does happen), well, that and always running does.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                    Yup. I have the G35 because I am not a fan of wireless things. With it I hear even the sneakiest of folks...prevents me from being knifed too often (though it does happen), well, that and always running does.
                    I tend to agree with Skud although in this case I bought the same headset only in wireless. I have not had any problems what so ever with the headset. When I run up stairs to grab a beer I can still talk even. I have to say Skud is right you can hear so much. It really comes into play if there are fewer folks on the server. You can hear people running a good distance if there is not a constant barrage of gun fire

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Campinstien View Post
                      ^this Glad to see some Turtle Beach owners in here.

I also have the Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2 and the Fatal1ty Pro sound card. Good combo. Takes full use of my sound card

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...orce-hpa2.aspx

I was impress with it that I bought turtle Beach Ear Force X41 for my xbox360. http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...force-x41.aspx

Has some issues every now and then when the wireless signal is drop but I'm happy with it over the lame headsets the xbox360 comes with.

I also have the Corsair HS1 Newegg.com - Corsair HS1 USB Connector Circumaural Headset Really Soft on the ears and lighter headset over the Turtle Beach. Turtle beach have a firm feel. But for whatever reason, I just cant get it dial in right with this USB headset. So Turtle Beach FTW! lol I do want to try some of those 200 dollar headsets but blah they can wait

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                        ^this Glad to see some Turtle Beach owners in here.

I also have the Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2 and the Fatal1ty Pro sound card. Good combo. Takes full use of my sound card

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...orce-hpa2.aspx

I was impress with it that I bought turtle Beach Ear Force X41 for my xbox360. http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...force-x41.aspx

Has some issues every now and then when the wireless signal is drop but I'm happy with it over the lame headsets the xbox360 comes with.

I also have the Corsair HS1 Newegg.com - Corsair HS1 USB Connector Circumaural Headset Really Soft on the ears and lighter headset over the Turtle Beach. Turtle beach have a firm feel. But for whatever reason, I just cant get it dial in right with this USB headset. So Turtle Beach FTW! lol I do want to try some of those 200 dollar headsets but blah they can wait
                        I was just looking at this. It seems like it is a usb connected ... which I actually want. I will be using a sound from the mother board(really not that good with telling sound difference, so I didn't upgrade the sound). Would it better using a USB or the multiple sound connectors?

Comment

My understanding is the usb is for powering the amp in the headphone control. It has seperate volume controls for each 5.1
                          I tried this with my onboard sound for a while, thought it sounded good until i got my soundcard. That was when it made a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                            I was just looking at this. It seems like it is a usb connected ... which I actually want. I will be using a sound from the mother board(really not that good with telling sound difference, so I didn't upgrade the sound). Would it better using a USB or the multiple sound connectors?

You talking about the Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2 or Corsair HS1? As Dr.Campinstien has said, The USB you see on the Turtle Beach HPA2 is the power source. The rest of the 3.5mm are for your audio jacks and mic. Also note must keep your windows vol atleast midway. You turn the inline vol controls too high and any explosion will have you ringing

For Corsair HS1 USB. It will bypass the sound card or built in sound card mobo. Most good headseats have a built in audio card in the headset itself and uses software for audio process. As far as which is better. Well its one of those things that you will have to try for yourself. You will get audio nuts that say multiple 3.5 jacks and USB is all gimmick and tell you the 4 hundred dollar headset is the way to go. There are also people say USB is terrible or USB is superior to the 3.5 versions. For me personally, I could never get the 5.1 audio to work right on the USB headsets. It just sounds echo or something. I think the USB headset sounds better in 2 channel stereo mode vs the 5.1/7.1 mode and virtual surround crap. BUT, my choice is multiple 3.5 jacks rule

Comment

thank you that answered more of my questions.

Made me remember my very very old sound card what 12 yrs ago. Had a startup that sounded like a rolling thunderstorm from one end of my speaker set to the other. Was bad when I forgot to turn down the volume. My glasses 5 feet away would rattle in their closed cabinet.

I Don't think my neighbors liked me in that appt.

Comment

IMO you will get the best sound from a discrete card like an X-Fi, followed by USB, then onboard. True surround sound headsets with multiple speakers in each ear cup will probably sound the best, but X-Fi (and from what I have heard Logitech) has great virtual surround sound. I get great directional audio with my X-Fi card and Sennheiser headset.
                                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X