No announcement yet.

HP WebOS Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, these things show fingerprints like none other. Thankfully fingerprints on the screen never really bothered me.
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
      Oh yeah, these things show fingerprints like none other. Thankfully fingerprints on the screen never really bothered me.
      Because you're bacon.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The smudges on his screen are bacon grease.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

no the smudges are tongue marks licking off the bacon grease

Comment

So far I am really digging on this thing. It's quite snappy with the updated 3.04 77 version, and this is without the overclock from 1.2 to 1.5.

WebOS - took me 5 minutes to figure it out. You can feel the Palm background built into it, as HP used the Palm devs to design the OS.

Screen - my eyes no longer have to work to read the tiny screen of my Ipod Touch. This screen is the same size as a netbook screen and it is a quality panel that works at all viewing angles.

Dislikes:

Battery life is poor. It looks like I can barely eke out 6 hours on a full charge. That compares poorly with every other tablet out there.

Glossy skin. Already mentioned, its a fingerprint magnet. Add a carrying case to fix this. It also weighs a bit more than an Ipad, and I didn't note this at first, but try holding it upright for 20+ minutes and the weight does become a bother.

End result - for $150, this is a very handy and capable gadget. At $599 retail, I would never, ever buy one. At $150, I would buy it in a heartbeat. The modding community has stepped up to fill the void left by HP when it abandoned this tablet. Already SNES emulators and remote apps like Splashtop have become the killer apps that power users can use and enjoy.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I got sick of the WebOS. So I installed the CyanogenMod. Its basically the Android Phone OS, and a word of warning its in the Alpha state. So expect a lot of crashes.

If you install it right, you can jump between the WebOS & CM. CM allows you to use the Android market so plenty of apps. But I find their market place a bit confusing, I cant seem to be able to tell which is a phone app and which is a tablet app... But other then that its not half bad, aside from some glaring bugs that still need to be ironed out.

Comment

The CyanogenMod is far more stable now after a few releases. Much more functional. Also HP released a version of Android that was compiled for the TouchPad as open source so expect to see a lot more improvements to Cyanogen and other 3rd party Android releases.

Comment

Originally posted by plaztic.dagger View Post
                  The CyanogenMod is far more stable now after a few releases. Much more functional. Also HP released a version of Android that was compiled for the TouchPad as open source so expect to see a lot more improvements to Cyanogen and other 3rd party Android releases.
                  sweet, ive been waiting for a stable android release. Time to flash a new OS on this sucker!
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X