Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Patch last night....

Remember there was a new patch out last night around 215 am et

A 2gb patch, OMG! Apparently the game was buggier then I tought!

Comment

I'm updating now, the patch is HUGE

Comment

Um, so you can't play multiplayer until patched? Laaaaaaaaaame.

Comment

Manually downloading the patch to my HTPC now...it will be ready for installation tonight when I get home!

Comment

BTW What the geniuses at DICE did was not just release a patch. They put all patches together so basically you are downloading the Vietnam patch again. So the way DICE works, in 10 patches we will be downloading 10Gigs worth of patches.

*They did improve the hitboxes in the game.
            *Some clan tags do not work now. Mainly the ones that have a special character. It will display your clan tag as "invalid" until you change it.
            *The chat box is now transparent instead of full on black.
            *The m14 still sucks, I can't get a kill with this piece of crap!

Comment

So where do I get the patch
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                So where do I get the patch
                Just start the game, or start Steam and start the game... It will take 15-30 mins to download and install the patch so be prepared.

Comment

Started the game but did nothing. I dont have it through steam.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                    Started the game but did nothing. I dont have it through steam.
                    How have you not done this before? Go to C/program files/ea/bc2/updater.exe

Comment

Comment

forgot about that.. been a long time

but thank you anyway

Comment

I chose to manually download the file, since I'm not at home and cannot access my game rig. Used the following EA thread to find a manual download site for the patch:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...lient-r11.html

Big warning on the thread that the manual download is NOT compatible with the STEAM version of BFBC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooserator View Post
                            I chose to manually download the file, since I'm not at home and cannot access my game rig. Used the following EA thread to find a manual download site for the patch:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...lient-r11.html

Big warning on the thread that the manual download is NOT compatible with the STEAM version of BFBC2.
                            Oh big thanks! The whole download a patch every time you uninstall was really really annoying. Other games I just have exe updates. I'm definitely downloading this just to have a copy.

Comment

I really do NOT understand why they would even bother patching a game up when they are about to launch BF3 soon.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X