Decisions, Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, Decisions

I'm seeking your thoughts and feedback...

Any day now our monthly subscription for our BC2 server will expire.

The question is "should we renew for another month, knowing that the BF3 Beta will likely leave our server empty from 9/27-10/10 ??"

The cost for a month of BC2 will pay for one half month of the new BF3 server..

Originally posted by Cain View Post
    I'm seeking your thoughts and feedback...

Any day now our monthly subscription for our BC2 server will expire.

The question is "should we renew for another month, knowing that the BF3 Beta will likely leave our server empty from 9/27-10/10 ??"

The cost for a month of BC2 will pay for one half month of the new BF3 server..
    Its up to you cain. If you think it has been worth the cost in the past, I would do it. Having only 15 days of anyone being on the server might not be worth it though.
    I don't have BC2 so I can't be totally impartial.

Comment

Personally I dont think im gonna be playing BC2 once Beta comes out. Even after beta is over i dont think im gonna play BC2. This is probably the time that the game gets put to the shelf like the other BF games. Start getting money for the BF3 server.
      We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
        Personally I dont think im gonna be playing BC2 once Beta comes out. Even after beta is over i dont think im gonna play BC2. This is probably the time that the game gets put to the shelf like the other BF games. Start getting money for the BF3 server.
        agree

Comment

Can we wait to see how dependable the beta is? What if some major issue pop up and delay the release date? it is EA we are Talking about. If something were to go wrong it may be nice to still have this to play.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

If my memory serves me right i think BF2 got delayed by almost 3 months. It was going to be released march and it ended up being June. This is going to be probably the biggest Battlefield of all time and i think EA is cutting the beta to short like they always seem to do and never learn the lesson to start beta earlier.

Just something you might wanna keep in mind.

Comment

It's true that the game probably won't be bug free by Oct. 25, but I don't think that will delay release. Game companies have gotten much more "comfortable" with making significant patches after release.

Continue BC2 server?
              I can imagine guys playing the beta heavy, and then needing to catch up on life before the game ships. I haven't heard about our BC2 players skipping the beta. (except I'll be delayed)

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                Continue BC2 server?
                I can imagine guys playing the beta heavy, and then needing to catch up on life before the game ships. I haven't heard about our BC2 players skipping the beta. (except I'll be delayed)
                This what I expect to happen. 15 days after the Beta ends BF3 begins....

Comment

those with companions that are not as fond of BF3 will be able to kiss ass for the weeks we are not playing... so they can play for a week straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                    Can we wait to see how dependable the beta is? What if some major issue pop up and delay the release date? it is EA we are Talking about. If something were to go wrong it may be nice to still have this to play.
                    Good points. I don't get in much lately, but the beta won't be affecting me, since I won't be bothering with it...so when I do play it'll be bc2.

Comment

My vote is to run the BC2 server at least until BF3 releases.

Comment

I'll try the beta for a couple days, but with only one map I don't see myself playing it for the whole beta period so I'll be playing BC2.

I totally understand about saving money for the BF3 server. I can always hop on another server for BC2. No worries though, because once BF3 is released, I'll be mostly dedicated to playing in the server with the big C-A-I-N on it, hehe.
                        Nauticas

Comment

How have the numbers looked lately ? Have we been steady or are we on a decline? If a decline I say we plan for a last hurrah on the bc2 server then let it fade.
                          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

The numbers have been very good, but I suspect they will drop off the table next Tuesday....

While I want us to have a server, part of me HATES to throw money away.... And I know two or three of the weeks if I renew will be empty or almost empty.

Comment

You have kept many servers running, for many years, and you did it right (at least from what I've seen, since I'm not an old timer clr!)

I think you should trust your instincts on that one, something tells me the bc2 server will really slow down, people will have bf3 in the back of their minds and lose what little motivation they had to still play the bc2 server, even those who "won't play a single map only for 1-2 weeks" and even those who can't play bf3 for x y or z reason probably won't play bc2 as much!

I'm saying flip the switch, even though I started playing bc2 on pc very recently (was on 360) and still enjoying every second of it since it's like a whole new game... I can say that I probably won't be playing bc2.. I'd rather get used to the physics, guns and everything else in bf3 ASAP!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X