Mini map enhanced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-Man View Post
    Deathmatch? How so? I liked HC servers because of the lack of a killcam, no crosshairs, and more realistic damage- i.e. 1-3 bullets to put down an enemy.
    Deathmatch to me seems like a more frenzied free-for-all fragfest instead of calculated strategies found in HC Conquest. Just IMO.

edit: But I think Cain mentioned having one vanilla and one HC BF3 server. So one of each.

edit 2: And for the record, I don't like the spotting system and radar. It's unrealistic to me and I get found much more easily.
    I just really liked the spotting and the radar with my beloved motion detectors. My favorite BC2 kit is recon with a shotgun.

And I am no fan of the snipers that just camp out, so I liked the kill cam. Coming from a UT background, I guess the lack of realism just doesn't bother me.

With regards to deathmatch, I started to find HC consisted of a lot of people just camping (on both sides) and killing those actually trying to complete the objectives. On non-HC servers, the more snipers = more likely to loose. I liked that.
    --Bones--
    BF3 Tag: Bon3z_CLR

Intel Core i5-2500K 4.5 GHz Overclocked
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 6GB GDDR5
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133

Comment

This is true. It would be really irritating being in a server where all the bases were surrounded by snipers and you couldn't move without being nailed.
      I think this will not be so easy in BF3 because the scope glint makes it pretty easy to find people using scopes now. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        Yes, Cain is planning on a Vanilla server. I and many other regulars--those who played BF2--are likely to spend much of our time there.

-Rand
        That's where I'll be.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by S-Man View Post
          This is true. It would be really irritating being in a server where all the bases were surrounded by snipers and you couldn't move without being nailed.
          I think this will not be so easy in BF3 because the scope glint makes it pretty easy to find people using scopes now. I guess we'll see.
          true that.. but in a conquest server... it'll still be hard...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
            true that.. but in a conquest server... it'll still be hard...
            Plus now you have mortars ... wahoo I am going to be over using those things.

Comment

Yeah mortars look like they'll be a lot of fun. Who will be carrying mortars? Support or Recon?

Comment

support

Comment

Man that will be wicked fun to have a squad of support guys raining mortars down. Especially with TS available we can call in mortars vocally. That will be awesome.

Comment

the mini map was so horrible during beta, more so on Caspian so i didn't even look at it half the time, the only time i did look at it was playing Metro.

And as for support having mortar's that's kinda scary to think about a guy camping in the hills with his mortar having unlimited ammo, i can already see it now and it makes my skin shiver

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                      You should look at your minimaps more often. You have no idea how many people just mind their own business even though the guy that killed me is spotted and 3 feet away going for a knife. It can save you.
                      This. But also, I use it to see if I'm being flanked. If those little teammate arrows that were over in the other tunnel/otherside of building/etc. are start blipping out, or are gone, yeah time to investigate. Carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        You should look at your minimaps more often. You have no idea how many people just mind their own business even though the guy that killed me is spotted and 3 feet away going for a knife. It can save you.
                        +1,000,000

I always use the MM in BF2. Then again I always spot enemies.
                        [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X