Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guild Wars 2

I know you can't run your own servers, but I personally was a HUGE fan of Guild Wars 1. Even when I previously on the lair, I spent a good amount of time on GW1. Sadly, the news of GW2 keeps me from logging into GW1, since I looked into it so much it feels like "Why bother".

Anyways, I could sit here and write about 100 pages of why you should get this game, but in all reality, just look at Guild Wars 2.

We could start a Cains guild, or a Cains alliance when they add them.

Currently the game is in Alpha, but could have entered closed beta. ArenaNet (the makers) have not told us. They also won't tell us of a release date until AFTER the open beta, which will be directly after the closed beta. My speculated release date is January 20th, since they have said they will be conducting a closed beta this year, and rumors have it that it has already started (Which wouldn't surprise me.

This game, unlike Guild Wars 1, will be a PERSISTENT WORLD. Meaning, it's like WoW, where you can randomly run into people anywhere. So, here are some reasons you should play...

1) ITS FREE OF SUBSCRIPTION FEES!! Like Guild Wars 1, it's completely free after you buy it.
    2) Persistent world. No more instance based
    3) Flat leveling curve (WoW took ages to level, that won't happen in GW2. Also, the level cap is currently 80)
    4) WvWvW PvP (W = world. There are 3 MASSIVE TEAMS all fighting on a battlefield of ANY level. Basically, let's say Ogrimmar in WoW was fighting Stormwind, and you could capture keeps, towers, mines, and all that to support you team. Every 2-3 weeks, you fight against 2 new worlds. It's going to be MASSIVE
    5) 5 awesome races. Humans, Norn, Charr, Sylvari, and Asura. No more being just a human
    6) Dynamic events. QUESTS ARE GONE. Now, instead of quests, you see things happening, like Centaurs attacking a town. You can be in the local inn and all of a sudden be having Centaurs attack. The world changes Dynamically. If the Centaurs win, the town is theirs, and a new Dynamic event kicks off to take it back. If you win, a new event kicks off to retaliate and take their lands. The world will always change. Also, weather will change the world, so you don't need to climb a mountain to see snow in the winter time.
    7) Interacting with the Environment. You can pick up a stick and literally beat a poor little Asura with it. You can also pick up a beer and drink it, rather than just selecting it in your inventory.
    8 unique classes. Only 1 is left to be revealed (it's going to be a mesmer). EACH CLASS is based on it's weapon skills. So, a Necro can use an axe, and be effective with it. A warrior can use a bow, and be effective with it. They don't just use it for pulling.
    9)PLAYER HOUSES. Need I say more?
    10) PERSONAL STORY. The main storyline is to kill Zhaitan, the undead elder Dragon. How do you kill it? You decide your own personal destiny. You aren't sent on a linear path.
    11) Level scaling. Now, if you want to help a buddy in the low area, you actually help them, rather than 1 shotting everything for them. If you enter a level 10 area, you'll be level 13 if you are really 80. If you're level 1, and enter the 80 area, you can be sidekicked up by a friend, so you can participate in the level 80 area without having to level up (although, you will be at a disadvantage)
    12) Did I mention it's B2P???

I remember long ago Cain hosted a private WoW server. Guild Wars was suggested but since you couldn't run a server yourself, you guys decided not to try. Guild Wars 2 is the future of MMORPG's. I'd suggest looking into it if you want a change from the casual MMO but still love the genre.

I speculate the open beta will be around Christmas time. It will be announced to the open public and will be a demo of the game like the open beta for BF3 was. I'd very recommend it to give this game a try.

I played it at PAX Prime, and it was the most polished I've ever seen a game, and that was back on August 28th.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this as well.

Lets not forget the combat is some what twitch based. So no more just standing there waiting for your skills to reset mashing keys. You'll need to dodge to avoid spells and AoEs.

The dynamic events look really sweet! So looking forward to it, but they do eventually reset to their starting state.

PvP environment is destructible. So when you hit that tower with the trebucket it starts to crumble.

Comment

Beta test sign ups are open for the next 48hrs!!
      >> Sign up here <<

Comment

I signed up. The wife and I are huge Guild Wars fans.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

signed up already ;D

Comment

I looked into the guild wars when it first came out. Problem was you needed to be in groups for most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
              I looked into the guild wars when it first came out. Problem was you needed to be in groups for most of the time.
              GW2 is an entirely different beast then GW. I didnt even like the first one since venturing out of town mean you where in an instance and didnt really interact with anyone unless you where grouped with then.

Check out Massively's Closed Beta impressions.

Comment

i guess they've been sending out some emails to let you know if you're in or not.

come onn ncsoft; hook a brother up.

Comment

big fan of GW1 cant wait, but I dont have the time right now :/

Comment

GW2 is gonna be great. Even better than that awful lie of a cake - better than sex cake. Don't believe it. The cake is ok, but it really isn't close.

Comment

Didnt get a beta invite for this weekend....

Comment

Beta test this weekend! 27th - 29th. If you have pre-purchased your in!
                        NDA Lifted!

Details HERE

Comment

I don't have enough time to put in for this anymore

Comment

Here is a couple of videos I recorded from last weekend beta event.

1st is a human engineer lvl 4 in WvW, wanted to see how a super low lvl would work since everyone is bumped to lvl 80 stat wise. So I didnt have all the cool turrets and traps yet...

Lvl 4 Engineer

Next was my lvl 15 human thief.

Lvl 15 Thief

I ended up on Vasburg server...

Comment

Seems like a more enhanced version of my thread. lol

http://cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=23393
                              [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Apache Warrior
                                I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                Apache...
                                18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                              Working...
                              X