Yes
    25.93%
    Naaa
    59.26%
    Too soon to tell
    11.11%
    Won't run on my system
    3.70%

too soon to tell. alot of stuff gets left out of demo packages that make it to realease. better sounds, graphics, physics, etc. the beta is but a stripped down version to test code bugs. that all.

too soon to tell. i'll wait for the demo to make my mind up.

Comment

IMO it sucks. Then again its because I feel the objectives are boring, gameplay is dull, and the graphics are hardly pleasing. Most of this is because its a BETA, sure, but I'm going to base my decision of the BETA and demo, not hope that the game is going to get better! From what I've played now, I'll stick to BF and get UT when it's out, if nothing else this'll save me 50 bucks.

KJ

Comment

Kihenf, Please feel free to be brutally honest.

LOL

MCA

Comment

I don't like it as well. I thinking I'm just going to wait for UT to come out and get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Chief_Alpha
            Kihenf, Please feel free to be brutally honest.

LOL

MCA
            haha I gave it alot of time too, and I was really excited about it, heck I tried to make it seem good, but to me, it just wasnt cuttin it

Comment

I was completely underwhelmed by the beta, and I really, really wanted to like this game. I haven't had the urge to play it again after the initial couple of days when I got the client.

I will not be buying this.
              [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Since the question was "based on the beta," the answer is a clear and definitive "NO." The game basically sucks, and it's certainly not worth a purchase. The way it is now, I wouldn't even buy it at my 20 buck magic price point for older titles.

I didn't have the same level of expectation as most of you, perhaps because I never played ET and didn't like the Quake series that much, but I'm still disappointed in this game. There is potential, but it's almost without exception wasted.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                  Since the question was "based on the beta"
                  Thank you. That's what I was trying to find out.

MCA

Comment

An absolute no from me at the moment. I thought I was in 2142 and I did not like 2142 so it is just another 2142 lookalike for me.
                    Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

I have it on per order at them moment.

Comment

Base solely on the beta, No. $20 tops.

It would take some pretty serious improvements to get me to plop down the going rate of about $50.
                        A change of Pace.
                        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Very overpromised

Very underdelivered (at least at this point in the beta)

If this beta was released late last year, when the game was originally advertised to come out, then I would have given SD a pass. But this game has been supposedly done for almost a year, and they have been doing intense balancing and network tweaking. And if that's the case, then wtf have they been doing for a year? The models, the maps, the overall artwork and look of the game has changed little for almost a year now, and a LOT of the assets they've been showing since 2005 when the first real promos started propping up.

I think its either A) SD just can't figure out how to squeeze a true MP game out of the Doom 3 engine or B) NO ONE can.

I'm leaning towards B, as we've yet to see a successful MP game based off D3. I thought for sure given SD's success in the past that they'd pull this one off. But it seems choosing the D3 engine for this game was a big mistake. (like they had a choice when its called Quake Wars )

I'm still leaning towards "Too soon to tell" (hope springs eternal), but the realist in me wants to make the leap straight to "Naaa"

Comment

Too soon to tell...

The map they've currently got us playing really kinda sucks. I think a lot of people are lost because there's little to no documentation, hell I couldn't even find a way to change my keybinds. As far as gameplay, it looks a lot like BF2142 and plays a lot like UT2k4 in Assault mode.

If you ever played the original Enemy Territory, this is definitely easy to get into and it feels very similar. As far as the negatives, I think it may be that people are too used to playing BF2, this is supposed to be quick game where you die A LOT...notice that they don't show Kills/Deaths in the scoreboard.
                            This game is about completing specific objectives and going crazy. This will be the type of game where a single person CAN win the whole friggin' map.

So far, I've noticed a few glaring imbalances, but otherwise it seems like fun, I haven't fully made up my mind though...
                            * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
                            <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
                            <bliss> ...
                            * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

the no tutorial/how to play the game thing really hurts too, if it werent for that I might say "too soon to tell" but I have little confidence that I'm going to be purchasing this game

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X