No announcement yet.

Is it worth it? - purely based on the beta at this point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey its a beta and it is too soon to tell you if I would drop any $ on it yet. Maybe we will get a better look when the demo comes out.

I like the fast paced action and the fact that it works on my laptop.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

No thank you. Hey, it's Activision so I guess that is why it feels really old and outdated. DOA in my opinion.

Comment

I would tell Cain not to waste $$$ or bandwidth on it.......it will have a very short lifespan.
        [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
        [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
        [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

a definite NO this beta already has too many bugs and the game play is impossible to play and have fun. The first 2 minutes playing i thought to myself that i could give this game a try but after all the hurt my eyes went through looking at the screen its sad and disappointing. Everyone thought that this beta would rock but in the end it didn't.
          [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
          X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Originally posted by ~SAS~LIMEY
            I would tell Cain not to waste $$$ or bandwidth on it.......it will have a very short lifespan.
            Naw, it'll be around a while. There will be a hardcore group of players that play it continually ad nauseum because they are fans of ET and don't mind doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

.....again.

Not saying Cain should run a server though....this gme would have to get a LOT better than it is now, and I'm just not sure they'll be able to pull it off now.

Bring on UT3 perhaps?

Comment

Fer sure.

There was quite a group on a server the other night that couldn't stop singing this games praises.

th1z game ownz!!1111!
              A change of Pace.
              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Not for me. I am really looking forward to Crysis. That is where my money is going.

Did you know that Intel has 3500 software developers and Intel has dedicated 500 of those software developers to the Crytek development team for Crysis. Some of the Intel team work is to make sure Crysis can use the new Intel Core 2 Duo and Quad processors.

Nvidia is also heavily involved with the graphics develpment.

I am gearing up for the hardware change. I am gonna pick myself up a nice little GeForce 8800 GTX watercooled and plug it in for my DX10 and Vista gameplay.

SCHWEEEEETTTT !!!!

Cain ... get ready to gear up for this one in the Fall. This one is gonna need a BEEFY server !

Another good thing about Crysis is the complete CryEngine2 Sandbox editor will be included with the game. And Crytek remains committed to the MOD community even though they are releasing this with EA. So creating new maps will be very possible.
                [img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/Aidan_photo/crysisSig-1-1.jpg[/img]

Crysis name = Aidan

BF2142 Buddy Name = NBT>Aidan

"I like Ike :O)"

Comment

oh yea crysis is gonna be so good but im gonna need to get sli 8800gtx's to play it on a 27 inch and who voted yes?
                  [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                  X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWW11
                    oh yea crysis is gonna be so good but im gonna need to get sli 8800gtx's to play it on a 27 inch and who voted yes?
                    Not me
                    Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

I've looked at Crysis, and it is appealing on the surface.
                      Halo3 requires Vista, so if there is an emulator out there, I'd try it, but not losing my XP Pro.

UT? Will see..

I vote NO on ETQW. Little to no description of anything, no documentation to be found, and they've had this for HOW LONG???
                      If they wanted people's gaming experience to be fun, they would have come out with the information readily available. Someone in the PR department SUCKS for ETQW.

It just doesn't get me all atingle. Doesn't have the pizzaz that I expected. When I get in a state of the art game, I expect a WOW factor, but it just isn't there. If they REALLY wanted people to get excited about the game, they would have made it closer to the final version. Putting out a Beta that may be 6 months or a year old is VERY POOR PR. That is IF in fact this is a bare bones old version of the end product. Somehow I have the sneaking suspicion that the end product IS very close to the Beta. So Sad.

Cain, be grateful that they denied letting you host.
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
                        Halo3 requires Vista, so if there is an emulator out there, I'd try it, but not losing my XP Pro.
                        Halo 3 is a xbox 360 exclusive. They aren't releasing a version for Vista.

MCA

Comment

i thought they were going to release Halo 3 for the computer after halo 3 for the 360 came out?
                          X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWW11
                            i thought they were going to release Halo 3 for the computer after halo 3 for the 360 came out?
                            Yes, but probably years later. For example, Halo 2 was released for the original Xbox in 2004. It was just now released exclusively for Vista.

It takes years.

MCA

Comment

Well i have Halo 2 on my other rig and it sucks i would rather play it on the xbox.

Comment

i'll have to agree on the Bargin bin price point on this one. its more on the catagory of needing to be free, but a fair amount of work appears to have gone into it. i enjoy it, but the same way i enjoy'd W:ET while playing bf2142. its a good distraction.

its a completely differeny game genere for an FPS. thats what makes it so hard to accept though. kinda like COD vs BF. things are far too different from what we are all used to. whichi is why its a great distraction game. but $50 is a far cry from acceptable for the content delivered at this point. once the beta is done, and a democomes out, ill truly make up my mind. but the beta is well, a beta. code compiled for bug resolution. i can't truly make a judgement as far as to wther or not its truly worth it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X