tips for bf3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips for bf3

Thy_Ganman's Battlefield 3 Tips Rate Article 1 23 December 2011 - 03:59 PM Posted By neged 8 CommentsLast month, EnterBF3 teamed up with helpful series veteran, Thy_Ganman on Twitter by spreading a daily Battlefield 3 tip. With new players receiving Battlefield 3 for the holidays, we figured it'd be convenient and useful to re-post all of the Battlefield 3 tips again. Whether you've been playing BF3 since release or since yesterday, you'll probably learn something either way!
    Press 'Q' or 'Select' to place a mark above your enemies to alert your teammates.

Lightly tapping the forwards key as you scope in will prevent the bipod from deploying. Results in a much faster scope in time

Do not run with your flash light / Laser on, only use within 15m. 'T' To turn On and Off

Until you unlock flares. Stay low, trees and other large objects will break any locks by stingers missiles.

Scopes 6x and above have scope glint. 4.2x and below do not.

Dont sprint around things. Sprint to cover. Sprinting arounds things means that someone is likely around that object waiting to shoot you

Don't throw ammo/med packs infront of your self when you're prone. It blocks your view and your bullets.

Dont fly straight in a jet. Its too easy to gun a straight flying jet. On maps with mobile AA, stay low. Otherwise stay high.

With jets, attack tanks with a low angle using your gun and hit to their rear. When destroying AA defenses, dive down at a near 90 degree angle. Their turrets can not aim completely vertical.

When turning in a dog fight, use the 3rd person view. Its easier to track the enemy, switch back when you go for the gun or missile.

Scout/transport choppers can be repaired by the inside with a passenger engineer, often repairing faster than damage can be done.

The SV98 (no proof if other rifles can) can kill chopper/jet pilots through their canopy.

3 C4 = Instant kill a tank 2 C4 = Tank disabled.

Buckshot = CQB Frag = medium range and multiple target. Flechette = CQB with penetration Slug = sniper. M26 use it.

Planting Spawn beacons near tall buildings, to spawn and parachute on top of it. Very effective Kharg Island last M-COM station (B)

Take Your Time This is not COD, especially when attacking during Rush mode. As an attacker, you're not on a time limit, but a ticket limit, so slow down, spot, shoot, win

Flying below radar only works at extremely low altitude. And does not affect stingers but stops heat seakers from locking on.

Terrain deformation is on. C4/RPG on flat ground can make you a nice hole to hide in and lets you deploy your bipod in good cover

Two hands on the keyboard is much more effective the keyboard + mouse for both jets & chopper.

Fighting in the tunnels will get you killed. Ambush them as they come out thinking they are free and clear. This is most effective on Operation Metro

The EOD bot takes no damage from falling and can be driven off the cliff of Damavand Peak for a quick recon before you jump.

squad leaders can tap 'Q' while looking at objectives to set attack/defend orders & collect bonus points

Jet tips: watch Dogfights History.com Videos the discussed tactics do work!

Using the Air to ground guided missile? No soflam? Fly in the same direction as the enemy, there'll be a bigger chance to hit and disable the enemy

Jets: Gun > AA missile in time to kill. Use the space for rocket pods (if unlocked). Pods > Guided missile > gun in Air to ground.

When you're up against a group of enemies. Target individuals instead of the group. Otherwise you end up just wounding the lot.

Don't smoke the M-COM when attacking, smoke around it. This way the enemy has trouble seing you arming it but you can still see them

You can jump on your team mates MAV and fly onto high places like the highways found in Tehran Highway.

LMG's accuracy is reduced greatly unless you burts fire 5 -7 rounds each time

Don't reload after every shot if you have >15 rounds in the mag. The most dangerous time is when you can't shoot.
    Don't forget to watch Yodamanjaro's highly informative Battlefield 3 guide either!
    Posted in: News Guides
    Promoted from Thy_Ganman's Battlefield 3 Tips

If you chose "Easy" while playing BF3 campaign, read all of these. Else just skip this and go play. This is first grader technique.

Comment

lol.. the only one I didn't know was the bipod use.
      This was also made as a beginners guide.

Comment

What about the part RE: flying on the MAV? I've never seen anyone hop on my MAV and fly it lol.
        [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

either help a dude get high or get yourself high..so to speak.

Comment

Number 1 tip. DON'T GET SHOT!
            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I can't make my MAV fly.
              A change of Pace.
              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Press and hold Pace, Spaceman...

That can't be right.

Press and hold Space, Paceman.

Comment

then to lower it hold Ctrl

Comment

when you get a good hang of it you can ram golden and kphan with it to show them gratitude for the help!

Comment

I have yet to be able to ram anyone with that thing.. who would put the crtl button to go down.. I can't keep my fingers correctly positioned.. maybe some swedes have a 6th left finger they use.

Comment

I've seen it done firsthand. Playing on Metro conquest we (USA) pushed the Russians back into their spawn, and someone MAV'd to the top of a building and dropped a spawn beacon so their whole squad could snipe from up high.

Comment

Yes it's very easy to use the MAV to climb. Just get on it, and fly up. The places you can go are down right dangerous.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X