Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you got the Win 7 2012 Rogue Virus....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you got the Win 7 2012 Rogue Virus....

.....then I suppose you're AV isn't up to date or you don't have an AV?

I was just wondering, because a friend of mine , who has Norton 360 on their computer, called Norton up and was INFURIATED that they tried to sell him on virus removal when Norton should've protected him.

He was told that since he didn't keep his Windows up to date (apparently, he only updated Windows Updated once a week , and he wasn't entirely sure how often his Virus Definitions were up to date, BUT, expected Norton to be on topof that anyway)

That with tons of viruses that infect the "cloud" daily, that Norton had come in contact with a malware/virus or whatever that it didn't yet recognize.

For instance, there is SOME part that the customer or user should play to maintain his system. Basically, the customer has to do their part, and the reality of the situation, that it is STILL possible to let a virus/malware onto their computer.

Esp, if their kids used it or it's a multiple user system. That being said, can the product REALLY be faulted for not protecting this person from the known Windows 7 2012 Rogue fake Antivirus Virus?

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY {CLR} View Post
    That with tons of viruses that infect the "cloud" daily, that Norton had come in contact with a malware/virus or whatever that it didn't yet recognize.
    I thought everyone knew this, but there are plenty of apps that suffer so-called 'zero day' exploits, most notably Adobe with both Reader and Flash. You simply cannot depend solely on your A/V software to do the heavy lifting. At some point, if you get a popup asking for permission and you aren't sure, then don't click - simple as that.

You guys must really dig into the underbelly of the web, as I just do not encounter this stuff anymore, but I've been online since '92 so the internet has been reduced to about 6 go-to websites for daily reading and nothing more.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
      I thought everyone knew this, but there are plenty of apps that suffer so-called 'zero day' exploits, most notably Adobe with both Reader and Flash. You simply cannot depend solely on your A/V software to do the heavy lifting. At some point, if you get a popup asking for permission and you aren't sure, then don't click - simple as that.

You guys must really dig into the underbelly of the web, as I just do not encounter this stuff anymore, but I've been online since '92 so the internet has been reduced to about 6 go-to websites for daily reading and nothing more.
      Yeah, there's this one woman, who was a so called "Victim" of a BOT, it was the bot that can compromises a persons email acct, and sends out spam to people on their contact list.

She had Norton on her computer, it did not detected it, and was finding out how Norton didn't protect her friends, apparently, she was some reporter for a po-dunk town, and was doing a story on Norton and how it still doesn't protect people. That there was no real excuse that Norton shouldnt''ve protected her, and didn't buy into the excuses that was given to her.

Sounded like she had some kind of vendetta going on.

But it's funny how people go through a conniption fit demandinG FREE support for a manual virus removal just because they weren't protected.

Some idiots actually have their computers unprotected for months, becuase they were too cheap to get an AV, and the comptuer starts acting funny THEN they buy an AV product of some sort, and try to install it AFTER the fact, but the virus/malware is already established itself, and they say, "WEll I want my money back then" when they bring it back to the Wal Mart lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X