Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed! hosting a 1v1 UT3 server

hello guys!

with CAL's UT3 1v1 ladder starting up, I found myself in need of hosting my own 1v1 server (its required :X) I was hoping you could share with me, all the information needed for hosting my own 1v1 server. i heard that i should have at least 100kbps up/ down for each slot. I also heard that i should at least have a 2.5 ghz machine running the server coupled by 512mb ram.

also, do you guys know what ports i should forward? how i should do it? :X itll be running through a router :X

anywho, thanks for the help in advanced guys!

Yer PM the master of Severs Cain he will be able to advise you more mate.

Comment

Check this FAQ on the Epic forums for some good setting up a server information. FYI: Running a server from home through a router appears to be quite a pain when it comes to forwarding ports and all that. There are gobs of threads on that subject and not so many happy results.
      --Slaughter

Comment

yeah i read that FAQ :\ not much help on port forwarding for routers and what not. on the other hand, my router has presets for other games, even other unreal games! Although i do know what udp ports need to be open, i still dont what ICP ports need to be open. Im almost tempted to open all my ports :X

Comment

i would actually post on UNREALNA.COM and ask them because i doubt you really need to set your own server up. there are probably 2 or 3 community servers out there. i mean 2 or 3 is plenty when there arent more than 500 people playing the craptastic game.

Comment

well im glad your shared your opinion ST, dont you think its a bit ironic though? i mean after all, you copied your avatar from, of all games, twisted metal?

If you understood the context for which i needed the server then you'd probably wouldn't of reared your ignorance in this post.

You are required, for competitive play, to have your own dedicated server. Kind of like how baseball teams ( or any other professional team sport) have their home fields.

but once again, thank you for adding your two cents.

Comment

Pay no attention to ST. He's posting here again because he keeps getting banned at other forums.
              --Slaughter

Comment

Did you get your 1v1 server set? If not, I could help provide one for you (data center in St. Louis). I'd need the setup specs.
                --Slaughter

Comment

not yet, im having hhuuuuge problems with my router, i would just need a server with four or three slots. umm.. for that kind of server.... i think you'd only require a 2ghz processor and 512 ram. In other words i dont think itll really require much in regards to hardware.

I honestly dont know how much bandwidth it would consume.

alright d00der if you're serious about this let me know, thanks in advance!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X