Need help picking a new headset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
    From my experience, USB is better than onboard, but not as good as good offboard like an X-Fi.

Another option would be to buy a USB X-Fi:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102032
    Then you can get any good 3.5 mm headset like the one I posted above.
    Mmmm, X-Fi <3

Go for X-fi + 3.5mm jack headset!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
      Mmmm, X-Fi <3

Go for X-fi + 3.5mm jack headset!
      I got my Xfi for BF2, but was under the impression that they dropped hardware acceleration for audio in BF3, since they abandoned it for BC2... So the only difference (which is still a big one) between my Xfi and onboard sound chipset was that I could get a 'louder signal' out of it - basically when I had the soundcard in I would have to have my headphone volume set at 50%, and now with onboard I have to have it set at 80-100%...

I wish I could use the one I have, but the only available PCIe slot blocks the air intake for one of my video cards...

I have always wanted a good pair of Senheiser's, and it looks like they have some less expensive models than they used to...

I guess the big decision I have now between all the options is wired or wireless. If wired I will probably go with Senheiser's.... if not I will probably go with one of the options above...

Comment

I'll say it again. If you ever go wireless you wont want to go back to being tethered again. Specially if you get used to it.

I have to agree with Dead, in the fact that the Plantronics feel kinda cheap,and flimsy. But the sound quality is up there with any I've heard. And fairly comfortable with padded earpieces.

But there are lots of good options. Just what you feel best fits your style. Everyone is different.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
          Suuururee you were doing the dishes.

If you have to shop at newegg the wireless ones are out of stock. Newegg.com - Logitech G930 USB Connector Circumaural Wireless Gaming Headset

This

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
            I got my Xfi for BF2, but was under the impression that they dropped hardware acceleration for audio in BF3, since they abandoned it for BC2... So the only difference (which is still a big one) between my Xfi and onboard sound chipset was that I could get a 'louder signal' out of it - basically when I had the soundcard in I would have to have my headphone volume set at 50%, and now with onboard I have to have it set at 80-100%...

I wish I could use the one I have, but the only available PCIe slot blocks the air intake for one of my video cards...
            There is still a distinct advantage to using an X-Fi over onboard sound. I had an older X-Fi on my previous system, and it sounded great. WHen I built my current system, I tried using onboard sound because it was supposedly THX certified, etc. It didn't sound that good, so I pulled the X-Fi out of my old system and stuck it in the new one. The sound quality was so much better. Also, the X-Fi produces very good positional audio.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
              There is still a distinct advantage to using an X-Fi over onboard sound. I had an older X-Fi on my previous system, and it sounded great. WHen I built my current system, I tried using onboard sound because it was supposedly THX certified, etc. It didn't sound that good, so I pulled the X-Fi out of my old system and stuck it in the new one. The sound quality was so much better. Also, the X-Fi produces very good positional audio.
              Maybe its time for Jen to get a 'new' cpu and mobo with a Windows7 install already tied to it, and I upgrade to a mobo that can support both video cards and the XFI... versus getting an external one since I have an internal one I can't use.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X