So freakin sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So freakin sad

"Sigh". If I wasnt gettin short on hair as it is, I'd pull some out, because of the frustration level I'm at about now.

Hmm, lets see, the last time I had a decent internet connection was oh, about... hmmm... maybe 2004. Since then, I've had nothing but internet hell. My frustration level pegged the meter again this morning when my connection was cut off again.

Called the" Clear Communications Customer Service Hotline ".. And it's kinda like Forest said about the chocolate's. You never know what country you're gonna get. This time was the Philppines. Gave the guy and earful, course I know that he cant do anything on his end but I gotta vent at him anyway.

He explains that my account is "Managed" because of the bandwidth I use, I tell him no ****, but thats not what I pay for to have my internet throttled. He said it wasnt fair to the other customers cause I was using so much. I told him usage and bottlenecking are two different things.He thought because I was using a lot it cut the other customers from receiving it.

He couldnt quite get the concept so I just let it go. Not his fault, but I would like to get my hands on the ahole that come up with the concept of screwing customers at will. I pay for unlimited, but that aint happening.

So when they resume the service after the reset my connection it drops down to like .5kb sec. in hopes that I'll go away and come back later.

You guys with unlimited bandwidth and good connections dont take that stuff for granted, cause you cant get that everywhere.

It's possible Jesus might come back before I ever have a decent connection again. But I guess then it wont be necessary anyway.

Have a great day, all you internet heathens.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comcast gives me about 250GBs a month. I use about 100-150 of them usually. How much are they giving you exactly? And maybe you should quit downloading so much. Or get some satellite internet provider.

Comment

I dont download anything.I use it for daytrading, games, look at various websites, and stream youtube blues from time to time, update programs and stuff like that. Just the usual stuff anyone would do. I really dont know how much I use. Dont monitor it.

No matter how you slice it, it's still bs.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Their favorite customers are the ones who don't use the internet.

Comment

I am guessing the day trading takes the most bandwidth .

Comment

Most routers have a bandwidth usage monitor built into it. If you have it, enable it and keep track of it yourself and make sure they aren't undercutting you.
            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

would dial up be better?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                would dial up be better?
                Try the Pony Express. It was blazingly fast in the day.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  Try the Pony Express. It was blazingly fast in the day.
                  Apache
                  and apache would know. He was the first rider.

Comment

Cobalt is older than me.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                      Cobalt is older than me.
                      Apache
                      Vicious rumors. Dont believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        I am guessing the day trading takes the most bandwidth .
                        Not really not much bandwidth is needed just for raw data stream. Something like 3-4 kb sec. No graphics involved. Everything is native to my machine.

Comment

From a quick googling, Clear seems to start throttling after 10-20GB. For reference, I've used more than that on my cellphone in a month.

Sounds to me like it's time to find some other option.

Comment

And I thought Comcast was evil... I know what you mean though. I feel that if I pay for my internet connection it shouldn't be throttled or capped. I have the stupid Comcast cap. It gets taken up pretty quickly because the wife watches Netflix all day everyday....

Comment

Originally posted by SilentScope864 View Post
                              And I thought Comcast was evil... I know what you mean though. I feel that if I pay for my internet connection it shouldn't be throttled or capped. I have the stupid Comcast cap. It gets taken up pretty quickly because the wife watches Netflix all day everyday....
                              If it's an issue, you can switch to the business class version. It doesn't have any caps and you get the added benefit of an SLA. I seem to remember it was only like an additional $15/month, but you'd have to check.

I really dislike having to worry about a cap personally. I've already used 64GB in 5 days. Stupid Steam.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X