No announcement yet.

College Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully it wasn't some other part that broke, I have been carrying around laptops around since 2004, that's 4 days a week flying around and I haven't lost a HDD yet so it seems odd that a 1 inch drop would do this.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yeah, that's the way the dude explained it. I mean it could've gone bad and that was just a coincidence. When he took it to the PC shop, the guy there put in another HDD and said that it booted up fine. I was messing with it last night and everything comes up fine, the BIOS is still there, I can put in my Window's 7 OS disk and everything installs fine, but the problem is that it's not reading the Harddrive itself. So I can only assume that it's the hard drive that went out on him.

I even went through the bios and it doesn't show up there so I guess it's just not reading it.

I was trying to troubleshoot it to see if I could get it come up, but at the moment I've had no luck. Not sure what else to try other than to get another HDD. I'm hoping that Microsoft will just let me buy another License Number since I've already got the disk.

Comment

I just wanted to update everyone with my laptop. I've finally got a decent hard drive for it and it's running smooth. The only problem I'm having is the bottom row of the keyboard isn't active.

The guy who gave it to me said that there was a piece that was broken under the keyboard preventing something from sticking. I have no idea what he was talking about, but the rest of the laptop is fine.

At the moment I'm downloading drivers for it haha. Which is a pain!! Trust me, the fact that I have to use a flash drive just to get internet is crazy.

It's hilarious for the laptop to ask me if I want to find drivers for it and then it asks me to plug in the ethernet cord. So I plug it in only to find that I need a driver for the Ethernet port. Crazy! haha Anyway I just thought I would update you guys.

School is getting a little difficult. I've got to map out my timing better. I had to miss an assignment thanks to working. If I would've gotten out on time, I would've gotten the assignment complete. Looks like I need to get my assignments 2 weeks in advance so nothing major comes up to where it prevents me from completing it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X