My GTX 560 is Frosty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GTX 560 is Frosty!

Haha, I just took a look at my video card temp. 25 degrees!! Now that's frosty. I've been running the GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozer 2GB version. It's honestly amazing! I would recommend this to anyone that doesn't want to pay 600 dollars for a video card.

Although if I get my screen setup, I'll definitely be looking into a 7970. Then again Nvidia will come back with something better and the war will still be on haha

Anyway just thought I would share my temps. I can't seem to get my processor that cool though. Only 37 degrees. I think I need to take the cooler off and re paste it.

Your air cooled card is 25 degrees? Are you in Alaska? In an igloo? You shouldn't get these kinds of temps... I want a screenshot of IWmonitor. NOW!

Comment

Heh, and scientists tell us that water freezes at 32° !! You'd get frostbite holding your video card for any length of time.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

maybe hes reading celcius?

Comment

Oh, of course he is. Most of these temp utilities default to Celsius, but we here in the US are so used to Fahrenheit that we rarely pick up on the important part.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Comment

Well you guys wanted it so here is the picture. And of course I'm talking about Celsius! Who talks about computer temps with Fahrenheit? lol

Comment

That is pretty damn cold. What is your ambient temperature?

Comment

The Twin Frozer 2 cooler on the MSI cards are the best IMHO. I just got a Radeon with a Twin Frozer 3 and they are even quieter. I run two GTX 460s back to back and only get up to a 5 c difference on the top card. Way better than reference coolers.
                  Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I definitely agree Devilguns. Also Phantom my ambient temp is 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Although this is at idle. It becomes 48 degrees and higher when I run BF3 or any other game. But that's normal for a video card anyway.

If you look at the speeds, I could probably overclock it, but I don't really think it increases any performance. If I could overclock it to play BF3 smooth at 1920x1080 then I would, but I don't get a high FPS with that resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
                      I definitely agree Devilguns. Also Phantom my ambient temp is 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Although this is at idle. It becomes 48 degrees and higher when I run BF3 or any other game. But that's normal for a video card anyway.

If you look at the speeds, I could probably overclock it, but I don't really think it increases any performance. If I could overclock it to play BF3 smooth at 1920x1080 then I would, but I don't get a high FPS with that resolution.
                      Yeah, I was gonna say, that 25 you were reading was definitely at idle. I have one of the FOZR's and another brand GTX570, anf the FOZR is defintely cooler. I was going to go with 2 of them, but the layout in my case made it a better option for the 2nd card to have the standard reference design with the cooler at the front.

Comment

Hey Nate, I was thinking about going with another 560 when I get the money. I don't think you can use a 560 and 580 together, so I was just going to go with matching GPU's. Do you have a suggestion about which one should go on top and which one should go on bottom?

I might have to upgrade my PSU though. I've only got an 850 in there at the moment.

Comment

Hey Nate, I was thinking about going with another 560 when I get the money. I don't think you can use a 560 and 580 together, so I was just going to go with matching GPU's. Do you have a suggestion about which one should go on top and which one should go on bottom?

I might have to upgrade my PSU though. I've only got an 850 in there at the moment.
                          Putting a post-it on my desk to open up the case tomorrow (working from home)... it will honestly depend upon that. In my case, the PSU is mounted on the bottom rear, but I have a drive cage on the bottom front, so with all the excess cabling bundled coming out of the PSU, I needed better airflow. Its been a while since I peeked inside though, I will take a picture tomorrow and post it, maybe it will help your decision...

Comment

If you're running twin 560s, an 850w PSU should do just fine, as long as you don't have more than 8 or so hard drives.

Comment

I have an MSI Twin Frozr III 560TI 448 coming soon, i hope it runs that cool.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X