Sound Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Problems

I wouldn't call it a problem, but more of a feature that I don't want. There's something that's causing my sound to go down whenever someone talks. This used to happen in BF3, but now I'm playing a game called Iracing that allows for a spotter to tell you where other cars are.

Anyway, whenever my spotter talks or someone in the game talks, my engine noise and everything else becomes greatly reduced to the point that I can't hear it. I was wondering if there were any options in Windows that deals with sound to the extent that it prevents certain noises from coming through depending on your situation.

I've already set that one thing about the telephone to No Action, but the same thing still happens.

I was just seeing if you guys knew anything about this. I've been looking through the search engines, but I don't know what to search under lol

I thought I already told you how to turn it off.

Open Teamspeak
    >Settings
    >Plugins
    >Volume Control

Disable volume control and it will turn off that feature.

Comment

This doesn't help me with programs that don't require teamspeak. Teamspeak isn't what I'm worried about.

It's other programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
        This doesn't help me with programs that don't require teamspeak. Teamspeak isn't what I'm worried about.

It's other programs.
        Did you try it before saying that? What other programs do you have on? Skype? It does the same thing. Or if you are seriously talking about characters ingame then I'm buying a ticket to whatever trailer park you live in and slapping the living hell out of you.

Comment

This in game voice chat. I don't use skype. Skype is for child molesters and perverts lmao

Comment

This in game voice chat. I don't use skype. Skype is for child molesters and perverts lmao
            What ingame voice chat? There is no ingame voice chat. Are you hearing things again? Should I contact your therapist?

Comment

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                I thought I already told you how to turn it off.

Open Teamspeak
                >Settings
                >Plugins
                >Volume Control

Disable volume control and it will turn off that feature.
                Niles, What do you call a friend who asks for help, and then ignores your advice?

Comment

You people keep thinking that I'm talking about BF3. I'm not talking about BF3, I'm talking about a game called Iracing.

iRacing.com | The Premier Online Sim Racing Game

This is what I play. The software has VOIP installed and you can talk to other drivers. The only problem is that when they talk or when my spotter tells me where a car is, the engine noise and all other background noises become reduced greatly.

I was trying to find an option inside the game (which there isn't one) to see if there was anything I could do, but of course came empty handed. I figured if it was there, then there would be a sound option in Windows 7 that I haven't found yet.

Currently there is a high pitch frequency monitor in all Window's operating systems that prevent high frequencies from entering your ear and damaging your hearing. So I've read somewhere anyway.

I figured that might be what was causing the issue, but as far as I can tell I haven't had any luck.

Comment

A unique problem related to a racing game.
                    Not related to BF3 or Teamspeak in any way whatsoever.
                    I got it now!

Comment

This is what I play. The software has VOIP installed and you can talk to other drivers. The only problem is that when they talk or when my spotter tells me where a car is, the engine noise and all other background noises become reduced greatly.
                      Keep a box full of empty beer cans by your desk. When you or your spotter talk, shake the box for additional background noise. Voila, the perfect driving sim!

Comment

That should have been your first post. Anyways, the noise reduction is built into Windows 7. One of its many useful features. The only solution I can see is you can Right click on the Sound icon and go to Playback devices. See if adjusting anything in the last tab works. If it doesn't, go to Recording devices and play with those. I know there is a tab for it somewhere, I just can't remember where it was, or maybe it was just the Teamspeak plugin that is in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                          That should have been your first post.
                          I figured I would point out somethings in my original post.

"I wouldn't call it a problem, but more of a feature that I don't want. There's something that's causing my sound to go down whenever someone talks. This used to happen in BF3, but now I'm playing a game called Iracing that allows for a spotter to tell you where other cars are.

Anyway, whenever my spotter talks or someone in the game talks, my engine noise and everything else becomes greatly reduced to the point that I can't hear it. I was wondering if there were any options in Windows that deals with sound to the extent that it prevents certain noises from coming through depending on your situation.

I've already set that one thing about the telephone to No Action, but the same thing still happens.

I was just seeing if you guys knew anything about this. I've been looking through the search engines, but I don't know what to search under lol"

I guess I should have worded it: So I'm playing this game Iracing-- And went on from there...
                          Last edited by Nilesjones; 9 Feb 2012, 04:03 PM. Reason: More Bold!!

Comment

Right-click your volume icon in the taskbar, hit Playback Devices. Go to the Communications tab. Change the option on that tab to "Do nothing." Though, it sounds like that's the thing you've already tried.

That's the only thing Windows 7 has that affects playback volume while other people are talking. If that doesn't fix it, it's something that the game has built-in with its VOIP implementation, and unless there's a way to disable it in the game's settings, you're out of luck.

Comment

Clearly the only solution here is to build a new machine cause yours is messed up.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X