New case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
    Rockin the GTX 560's it looks like, but with that much money tied up in it, I'm sure you've got 580s in there!

Can't wait to get my PC loaded up. I'm lovin the look of yours by the way!
    Thanks guys. Niles, they are two GTX460s with a decent overclock. They perform very well, I can run BF3 at over 60 FPS on hi settings. I guess I should have re-listed my system specs.

System Specs:
    CPU I5-2500K @4.6
    ASUS Maximus Gene VI Z68
    2X MSI GTX 460 HAWK
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
    1050 watt ABS power supply

Next thing I'd like to get is an SSD to use as a cache.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

What's that Xdock thing? Like an e-sata? Mines got that too if that's what it is...
      [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ryanbatc View Post
        What's that Xdock thing? Like an e-sata? Mines got that too if that's what it is...
        You can hot swap an SSD or laptop HD in that slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
          I just got a Cooler Master Storm Trooper. It's pretty cool. Unfortunately it was an Impulse buy and I had no idea how big it was going to be lol. Serves me right for not reading anything.

I really like the aesthetics. I know the looks aren't for everyone but I like my computer cases to look like they are going to war and not like an extruded block of aluminum or a Dubai tower. I'll post more pics when I get some gear inside.
          Very nice! That thing is a beast for sure!
          I picked up the Antec FD-30, has the same kinda deal up on top with a 2.5" SATA bay. Stuffed an old laptop drive in there for backing up.

Comment

Thanks guys. Niles, they are two GTX460s with a decent overclock. They perform very well, I can run BF3 at over 60 FPS on hi settings. I guess I should have re-listed my system specs.

System Specs:
            CPU I5-2500K @4.6
            ASUS Maximus Gene VI Z68
            2X MSI GTX 460 HAWK
            16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
            1050 watt ABS power supply

Next thing I'd like to get is an SSD to use as a cache.
            Hell yeah hes got the same PSU i got! i love that thing, and i got mine off newegg, last spring for 100bucks shipped

Comment

Originally posted by plaztic.dagger View Post
              Very nice! That thing is a beast for sure!
              I picked up the Antec FD-30, has the same kinda deal up on top with a 2.5" SATA bay. Stuffed an old laptop drive in there for backing up.

Thanks Plaztic! The Dark Fleet is a great case too. Antec makes some really well made cases. I just built a back up/ guest gaming rig this winter and put it inside an Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 and I was so happy with the build quality.

Originally posted by Protienstick View Post
              Hell yeah hes got the same PSU i got! i love that thing, and i got mine off newegg, last spring for 100bucks shipped
              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817814010
              I love it too. I got mine two Novembers ago, Newegg had it listed for $299.00, I combined a couple of E-coupons I found in a post on overclock.net and got it for $119.00 shipped. It weighs 10.5 lbs, sick!

Comment

Thanks Plaztic! The Dark Fleet is a great case too. Antec makes some really well made cases. I just built a back up/ guest gaming rig this winter and put it inside an Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 and I was so happy with the build quality.

hey! that's my case!!! cool, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Luis_Dark View Post
                  hey! that's my case!!! cool, no?
                  I really like it, great case! I just added these blue LEDs to illuminate the insides and it looks like nuclear winter, so cool.

Comment

The Antec case was my first to have a PSU on the bottom, and cable management channel on the right side (which I really like!). Makes it so much cleaner on the inside. And looking forward to having these removable screens that cover the fans on the front. A much needed feature here in the dusty central valley...
                    It replaced my Raidmax Simlodon which i had for a few years now which had none of those features.

Also bought an 128GB SSD drive that was the same price as the 64GB SSD I bought last year.

Waiting a month or two before I order a higher end video card to replace my 460 GTXs.

Comment

Originally posted by plaztic.dagger View Post
                      The Antec case was my first to have a PSU on the bottom, and cable management channel on the right side (which I really like!). Makes it so much cleaner on the inside. And looking forward to having these removable screens that cover the fans on the front. A much needed feature here in the dusty central valley...
                      It replaced my Raidmax Simlodon which i had for a few years now which had none of those features.

Also bought an 128GB SSD drive that was the same price as the 64GB SSD I bought last year.

Waiting a month or two before I order a higher end video card to replace my 460 GTXs.
                      Any idea what vid card you are going to go with. I had the opportunity to try out a pair of 560's but there was only a moderate gain in fps, not worth upgrading. I was thinking a Radeon HD 7970, but something is telling me to wait.

Comment

Any idea what vid card you are going to go with. I had the opportunity to try out a pair of 560's but there was only a moderate gain in fps, not worth upgrading. I was thinking a Radeon HD 7970, but something is telling me to wait.
                        Most likely the 580.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                          by Apache Warrior
                          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                        • Reply to 6 years
                          by Sirex
                          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                          Just hit 2.5K miles...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                          by Sirex
                          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                          by Sirex
                          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                          by Sirex
                          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                        Working...
                        X