Monitor Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor Suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm in the market for 2 more monitors, but unfortunately the only 120hz monitors are 24 inches. I don't need 24 inches believe it or not. I was really going to go with 20 inch monitors for the side and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. are there any 20 inch monitors that support 2ms response times? Or is that the normal for 20 inch monitors. Perhaps there is a difference in performance to size ratio I don't know about lol

Seems it will be cheaper too! I love not wanting a whole lot. I was thinking about going with 3 120hz monitors, but that's not only overkill, it's just plain retarded to try and save up that much money for something that I could afford the video card for lmao

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to add upon this. I am looking for a 20 inch monitor, but I'm trying to figure out what's going to be compatible with my current monitor which is the reason for this thread.

eBay: LG Flatron IPS236V-PN 23 Widescreen LED LCD Monitor - Black

That's my current monitor, although I paid a hell of alot less than what they're asking for lol

I don't care about width, but I do care about height for bezel reasons.

Comment

3D isn't mainstream. It won't ever be mainstream. Stick to 60Hz and 24 inches.

Comment

I also have it Niles and I too payed a lot less than what they are asking for it.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The monitor that I currently like doesn't fit your needs, but it is a very capable IPS panel for under $200:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5469/a...nice-low-price

A 23" IPS panel for that price is a very good buy. Having seen enough TN panels to know how badly they look compared to IPS, MVA or PVA, I would recommend buying something other than TN. Sadly, you won't find a fast response time for those panels, but not everyone can see ghosting easily on a flat panel.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I have the 23" version. (HPS2331) I love it. BEAUTIFUL picture! It's sweet.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...=WJ676AA%23ABA

Better yet a 21.5" with better resolution.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/d...P601AA%2523ABA
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Well the reason I was going to go with a 20 inch... Was because I wanted to have space for my current design. 90 dollars versus 179 dollars...

I'm going to go with 20 inch monitors. I just didn't know which ones were the best or if the would be the same height as my 23 inch. I don't care at all about size really. Anything over 20 inches for the sides is really overkill.

Comment

Anything by Samsung... They are this decade's Sony... Awesome quality, and PHENOMENAL warranty support for their TV's and Monitors. I once had a monitor with a 3 year warranty on it fail at 2.5 years (and mostly because I had the PC on 24/7 and never shut the monitor off via it's own power button or the windows power settings - my bad, I was at my parent's house and didn't care about electric, but apparently that was bad for the monitor). Called them up, bypassed the usual troubleshoot process by telling them I did it all already, and they emailed me a packing slip, no questions asked.

That was on a Friday of a holiday weekend, I shipped it on Monday, and had a repaired monitor on Friday 5 days later. They also cleaned the screen, which had been filthy when I sent it out (unless they just replaced the monitor - which in that case is fine too).

I currently have that same 22 inch LCD on my fiance's PC and it is probably 5 years old at this point, I have a 24 inch LED that is 6 months old, and we have a 40 inch LCD TV from them that is about 4 years old. Multiple relatives and friends have them as well, and I have not heard of anyone that has ever been dissatisfied with their LCD/LED monitors and TV's.

Comment

I hate people that give me dirty laptops to fix. I mean jeez, a clean cloth would have gone a long way. Nothing like smelling the stench of a daily male used laptop that you know would light up under an ultraviolet light.

Comment

Definitely writing a message to k_phant using a 'uv reactive' substances on my next warranty return. Happy belated valentines day!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X