Looking at these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at these

Currently looking at these for another build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813121511

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...BC%20Atx%20Z68

So whats the biggest difference between the P67 and the Z68 chipsets, besides the price.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Z68 are built for more overclocking. It was my mistake buying a Z68 when I could have gotten up the best P67 mobo for just about the same price.

P67 is the way to go.

Comment

Here's a decent write up on the difference:

http://www.buildagamingpc.org/build-...t-means-gamers

I just bought 4 SSDs since their prices dropped. I've been messing around with the cache feature and I like the performance boosts it gives my traditional hard disks. SSD manufacturers are coming out with drives now that will do that, like the Adrenaline series from crucial. Gaming wise I don't think you'll see a difference between the two at all. But I'd go with the newer chipset.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Nice article Devilguns. I think I might just wait for the Z77, Ivy Bridge and Panther Point. They will fully utilize PCIe 3.0 and USB 3.0 and feature the SSD caching from the start.

I dont particularly care for the onboard graphics sharing the load of the GPU, but I'll wait for the reviews to see how it plays out.

They should be out in April some time.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I just bought a Biostar TZ68K+ for 90$ at microcenter along with a i5 2500k for 169$. Best bang for the buck! Overclocked from 3.3ghz to 4.5ghz easily.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X