SilentScope's New Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SilentScope's New Rig

I finally sold my gaming laptop I was having so much trouble with and put this machine together over the past week.

Thermaltake Commander MS-i Case
    Antec Gaming Series 750w Power Supply
    Core i5 2500k 3.3ghz @ 4.5ghz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+ w/ push pull fan setup
    Biostar TZ68K+ Motherboard
    8gb Kingston HyperX Series Ram
    XFX Radeon 6950 1GB Video Card
    Lite-On DVDRW Drive
    1Tb Western Digital Caviar Green 7200rpm HDD
    120Gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD
    Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Backlit Keyboard
    Logitech G9x Gaming Mouse
    Acer 24" LED backlit LCD Monitor

I also installed 4 extra 120mm fans to get some air flowing...

Idle temps on the CPU are around 29 -32c and under load running prime95 get up to around 47 - 52c.

so far I have am under 1000$ in the build which was my budget. I'm pretty happy with its performance but I am probably going to buy another 6950 in the next few months to crossfire with it.

Pics below...

Nice dog. And the computer looks good too.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

hmm got to clean those fans.. pet hair in a week

Comment

Very nice build.
        Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Love the ram! Supporting the troops with Red White and Blue! Might not have been your intentions, but really awesome either way.

Comment

lol, i didnt even notice the ram had that color scheme. How patriotic of me... lol. the ram is blue but the empty ram slots are white and red. Thanks for all the comments guys.

I bought all of my components except for my video card, keyboard, monitor, and mouse @ microcenter. I found one in Bethesda, MD. It's only a 30 minute drive.

The i5 2500k is a overclocking beast!

I dont think the case is too bad for 30$, was about to go with a corsair 400r. Maybe when Ivy Bridge comes out I'll use it as an excuse to throw a case in with my upgrades.

Apache, you dont have to lie, lol. That thing is hideous! It's my wife's dog. I also have a min pin mix that I got from ICEViper.

Comment

How'd you get that case for $30 bucks. I'd get one of those at that price.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I got the case on sale at microcenter for 40$ with a 10$ mail in rebate.

Comment

I have that same PSU in my new rig. Got it super cheap, like $60 if I recall. Wish it was modular now that I can't properly hide the cables in my case, but how often does it get opened up anyhow ?
                  I didn't know they had a MicroCenter in Bethesda. I'm heading down there for a concert at the Strathmore in May. May hafta drive out of my way to look for some hot deals.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Best option is the Gaurd dog.

Comment

I thought the same thing about the PSU once i got home, didn't realize it wasn't modular.... but i can hide most of my cables though thanks to the cable management options on the case. Microcenter in Bethesda is really good... the wife doesn't like it when I drag here there every weekend though... hehehe

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X