OCZ Agility2 SSD 60gig
    2- Seagate 7200rpm 1tb drives for apps and games
    2- DVD burners
    Coolermaster CM690 Advanced II case
    750 watt seasonic 80plus cert. pws
    450 watt aux. pws for driving the video card- x-booster5
    G-5 Mouse
    microsoft keyboard
    system boots to useable desktop in 17seconds.

As for video cards, nvidia is not even on the radar. It going to be ATI this time, I'm tired of the washed out look of nvidia cards. I want a good card that will last into the future as far as gaming goes. I have looked at the 6900 series and the 7900 series. The $500+ price of the 7900 series is a bit to swallow but it may just be worth it. Any help would be good as I have not read up on video cards for about 1.5 years.
    take care,

ICEViper

now there is a name from the past.....welcome back.

Here is the most useful source for me...

Best Graphics Cards For The Money: March 2012 : Best Graphics Cards For The Money, March Update

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: March 2012

Good hunting and what are you playing these days??

Comment

Originally posted by ICEViper View Post
      As for video cards, nvidia is not even on the radar. It going to be ATI this time, I'm tired of the washed out look of nvidia cards.
      It's funny you say that. I have a machine running an I5 2600K @4.6 with 2 GTX460s. And I have an machine running AMD Phenom 2 with a single Radeon HD6870 which is at about the same level of performance as one of the 460s. The games on the ATI card look a lot better. So noticeable friends have even commented on it seeing the machines run side by side. I was thinking of getting another HD6870 and running it crossfire in my main rig, or just just go for broke and get the 7900 series.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

if ur still thinking of buying a nvidia card. frys is having a sale..

u can get a 550 or 550 TI for little under $150 (1gb model)
        the 2gb model is $165.

Comment

cool brian, I appreciate the mention, but I am still leaning towards the ATI line of cards. I checked out tom's and looked at the comparisions, man some of those cards are very powerful performers. I was looking at the 7870, its new. The numbers look very good on it, in fact, it performs better than the 6970 in most of the benchmarks I saw. The price is very good, it comes in at the $350 range for a 2gb model. I am going to look at it a little closer. thanks for the input folks, I really appreciate it.

ICE

Comment

With Nvidia comming out with its new card we might see some more price drops too.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
              With Nvidia comming out with its new card we might see some more price drops too.
              I *think* the 680 gets released tomorrow 3-22.

Comment

Originally posted by harpy View Post
                I *think* the 680 gets released tomorrow 3-22.
                Yep, $504-$534

http://www.overclock.net/t/1232369/n...d-prices-specs

Comment

7870 .. its hits the right price/performance segment for you it would appear. They also claim to have a lot of headroom left for overclocking, but its not like the card needs that until a newer game pushes it.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Well I finally brought my video card, and I got the Radeon 7950. I have the Gigabyte Model. this card is very fast and the image quality is absolutely awesome. I could have ordered it for $399 with free shipping but I found it at microcenter in atlanta for $429. I got while I was down there so I did not have to wait.

ICE

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X