No announcement yet.

Another Reason Not To Own a Console.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a damn shame. The evolution of one crappy platform has brought this upon the world. I really do hate consoles. I really do. 6 year old technology and people still use that crap.

What does that tell you about how bad the games have to be dumbed down just to work on em. And the PC players just keep right on suffering because of it. Did I mention I hate consoles.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

also props to the game devs for making shit run so smoothly on console.

i heard cross-platform was removed from the game.

Comment

Ya know, I do actually agree with this method. These days the majority of people have internet connections so they can just download the game.

This prevents alot of piracy and I believe that if they went with a service like gamefly where you could get as many games as you want for a subscription, I would accept that quick. Of course consoles in my mind are truly locked down. You can't play a burned version of the game in a console without having a mod chip. And to be honest, mod chips are a waste of money because you can't go online with them.

Gamestop is a rip off in the first place. Another place that takes advantage of young inexperienced gamers. So if gaming went this route, I would feel no remorse for Gamestop. Places like Gamefly though, I would feel bad for considering they make their revenue off of used games in a sense, but they could turn to downloaded games instead.

I haven't gone to a store and bought a real copy of any game in about 5 years because I can simply purchase and download the game online. The trouble with that method is how much time it takes to download the game.

Piracy isn't as high as it used to be for games. Too many people want to play games online and if you have a pirated copy, nine times out of ten you're not going to be able to join an online game due to restrictions.

Alot of people complain about the red tape, but it's great for the gaming community because enough money will be purged into the system for better quality games. As long as we keep on raging about bugs and content that isn't there.

As gamers, we really need to be in the face of the developers and let them know that we're not going to take crappy games anymore. It takes way too long to make a game and therefore the final product shouldn't be half assed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post

Gamestop is a rip off in the first place. Another place that takes advantage of young inexperienced gamers. So if gaming went this route, I would feel no remorse for Gamestop. Places like Gamefly though, I would feel bad for considering they make their revenue off of used games in a sense, but they could turn to downloaded games instead.

I haven't gone to a store and bought a real copy of any game in about 5 years because I can simply purchase and download the game online. The trouble with that method is how much time it takes to download the game.
          I went to Gamestop last weekend. Bought 2 used 14.99 games and got one free

Comment

Yes Caddy, but when the new future of gaming takes affect you won't see that anymore. I'm sure you will see deals like that for new games. If you think about it though, buying downloaded content is like buying both used and new

Actually now that I think about it, that doesn't make sense at all. Why am I paying 60 bucks for online content? I could understand 40 bucks easily for a downloaded copy, but without the book, the disc.... C'mon now, that's just a rip off. 50 should be max when it comes to paying for downloadable content. Especially if I'm only receiving the game lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X