No announcement yet.

Help Me Build My Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using Asus board for the last 5 years. All of them are still in use in one computer or other at home and in my store. I have a total of 10 computers.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.
      Nauticas

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        I have been using Asus board for the last 5 years. All of them are still in use in one computer or other at home and in my store. I have a total of 10 computers.
        Apache
        I believe this would be the ASUS equivalent. After your feedback and looking at this one I may get it. I like the fan speed controller that's already built in.

ASUS P8Z77-V

Thoughts, comments?
        Nauticas

Comment

Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gbs USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
          My latest I bought in December of last year and love it.Asus Maximus IV.
          Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Answered my own question, see below
            Last edited by Nauticas; 8 Oct 2012, 09:59 PM. Reason: The question I asked is irrelevant now.
            Nauticas

Comment

Ok, I think I have made final selections. I'd appreciate if you guys who build computers more often than me to look at this and tell me what you think.

I picked a compatible heat sink right? I plan to OC so I figured I'd just get the better heat sink now. The SSD is a present to myself, hehe.

Case: Cooler Master Storm

PSU: Cooler Master GX

MB: ASUS P8Z77-V: Thanks Apache

CPU: i5-3570K

CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212

RAM: Corsair Vengeance: Thanks Phantom

SSD: Samsung 830
              Nauticas

Comment

Looks good, be sure to post pics.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Have you thought about water cooling for your CPU? I started out with the Corsair H50, still being used, and now have the H100 on my Main Computer.
                  Newegg.com - CORSAIR H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Fans Heatsinks, Water / Liquid Cooling, Corsair

Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                    Have you thought about water cooling for your CPU? I started out with the Corsair H50, still being used, and now have the H100 on my Main Computer.
                    Newegg.com - CORSAIR H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Fans Heatsinks, Water / Liquid Cooling, Corsair

Apache
                    +1 the all-in-one water cooling solutions are great. I have a Corsair H70 I believe.
                    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I did consider water cooling, but I don't OC to the extreme and have never had a need for one.

I pressed the purchase button this morning

And
                      Nauticas

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say no need for liquid cooling if you aren't going to overclock. I spent lots of cash on my GPUs and CPU (H100) and I never overclocked them. They do keep my GPU and CPU at ambient temp.

16GBs of RAM? My next build I'm gonna have to get more...

Comment

I like them for the cooling and for the quietness, no fan.
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

If you are getting a 3570K, OCing the part is simple. Just go into setup and change the multiplier. Using WC will give you a little more leeway. And like Apache said it is quieter, although most of the sound coming from my system comes from the GPU fan when it jumps to 100%.
                            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

What GPU you using?

Comment

I'll be using a Geforce 560Ti. It's in my current rig so I'll be swapping it over.
                                Nauticas

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X