Logitech G35 After 1 Year of Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech G35 After 1 Year of Service

Hallo, as some of you may have noticed through out the year, I've been complaining about Logitech products. I'm sure everyone has good experience with them but I can't understand why everything I purchase from them turns out lousy! I don't know, I like to think I'm not too violent when it comes to my computer accessories.

About a month ago I took off my headphones by pulling my left ear cup to the side and up (Like I always do, what kind of douche actually holds both ear cups and pull them apart slightly and up?) and that's when the Right ear cup snapped. Picture will explain it later. I used some Loctite glue (God bless that super glue, it can glue anything to everything) and it worked fine, I can't move the ear cup anymore but it wasn't a problem. Yesterday, I was also being careful with it and this time the damn Left ear cup snapped. I tried to super glue this one but gave up midway from frustration and went to Newegg to buy a new headset, avoiding Logitech.

While I was playing BF3, when I broke it, I was chatting with a friend who wanted me to join on teamspeak. I told him I broke my G35 headset and 3 people in the server almost at the same time typed "That little ball bearing broke off?" Then everyone LOL'd at me and logitech.

Why can't companies that make headsets that are normally 20 dollars and sell "advanced" headsets for 130 dollars and make them just as cheap? I am sick and tired of all those "gamer" performance parts dying within the year. They are advertising it for basement dwellers and yet they can only handle the weakness of a casual xbox weekend warrior? The hell with you, Logitech.

RZR4LiFE

Oh, the picture...

And thanks for reading. That is all.

I just thought your head was misshapen.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Picture of your head so we can see the deformity ??

Don't your horns cause problems with the fit of the headphones ??
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I've never been a fan of Logitech's sounds products. Not due to build quality, but more sound quality. However, i guess build quality should now be added to the list.
        Last edited by juneau; 18 Apr 2012, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Looks like the plastic aged & got brittle. Logitech's error.

Technical question about use prior to damage:
          When removed, how many times did headset usually bounce (against wall & floor) before coming to a complete rest?

Comment

Logitech is fine. If you use the stuff 23 hours a day for a year straight, expect some wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
              Looks like the plastic aged & got brittle. Logitech's error.

Technical question about use prior to damage:
              When removed, how many times did headset usually bounce (against wall & floor) before coming to a complete rest?
              everytime one of us knifed him... the scream he does is because the headset was thrown and jumped after it

I have a logitech speaker system that kicks ass to my untrained ear. I can't even get the base over 1/4 without it hurting my ears and giving my feet a good vibration.

Comment

I agree with Phantom about the quality of material that Logitech uses for their head phones. The plastic really is quite flimsy and the sodering they do to connect the wire to the speaker is mediocre at best.

I've had a Logitech brake on me on more than one occasion and it was not because of wear and tear as I only game about 8 hours a week.
                Nauticas

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticas View Post
                  I agree with Phantom about the quality of material that Logitech uses for their head phones. The plastic really is quite flimsy and the sodering they do to connect the wire to the speaker is mediocre at best.

I've had a Logitech brake on me on more than one occasion and it was not because of wear and tear as I only game about 8 hours a week.
                  Maybe your head is bigger then phantoms... no that can't ever be the case

Comment

Must be end user. No issues with my Corsair or Turtle Beach

Comment

lol you got a stand for those... NERD

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        lol you got a stand for those... NERD
                        HA HA I was going to make one like this below using Ikea parts. But I decided to buy one instead. Everything is still available from Ikea when I was looking at the parts on Ikea online. The wooden base can be find at Hobby Lobby or Michaels Arts and Craft stores

here is the topic if anyone want to make one. A good thread for ideas too

Head-Fi.org - THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                          Must be end user. No issues with my Corsair or Turtle Beach
                          Do you know what end user mean? It means you are saying it's my fault- then you go "No issues with my Corsair or Turtle beach :2thumbsupmyass:" WELL CORSAIR AND TURTLE BEACH AREN'T LOGITECH ARE THEY?! Always count on you to frustrate me.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            Do you know what end user mean? It means you are saying it's my fault- then you go "No issues with my Corsair or Turtle beach :2thumbsupmyass:" WELL CORSAIR AND TURTLE BEACH AREN'T LOGITECH ARE THEY?! Always count on you to frustrate me.
                            Say the guy who's Logitech headphone is shaped to look like a alien head,

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                              Say the guy who's Logitech headphone is shaped to look like a alien head,

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X