• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day the Earth Stood Still!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
      The Day the Earth Stood Still!
      Oh no, not keanu reaves! Phantom's alien head I can handle, but not keanu, ever!!!

Comment

Should I have typed that thread in Spanish, Caddys? Because the headphone is broken and that is why it is in that shape. There are many things wrong with my head. And seeing your facebook, I don't think you're one to judge. You look like a cross between Gilbert Gottfried a really fat Madonna... 's bicep.

Comment

I found a headset that is flexible for that alien head.

http://www.amazon.com/SUBJEKT-HD-AK1...813701&sr=1-11

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not about how tight the headset was, the G35 was very comfortable. It's the fact that it broke that made it not work.

Comment

they need to make some like that runs off bluetooth with no wires...i know your MB has blue tooth becues its the same as mine ....would be sweet right

Comment

So what new headset you got. Won't last a year

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                  I found a headset that is flexible for that alien head.

http://www.amazon.com/SUBJEKT-HD-AK1...813701&sr=1-11

Lol! Good idea, Caddys! It probably still wouldn't work though because I believe Phantom tries to put his arms through first (kind of upside-down, under his armpits) before putting the phones atop his head: almost always gonna break that way!

Comment

astro a40's are still regarded as the primo of gaming headphones and 7.1 to boot. Mine work perfectly and teh build quality is fantastic!

Comment

I got a flimsy ass Plantronics which gets used at least 12-14hrs a day. And they've been good since I got back from Iraq. Thats been way over a year. And I hang em on a wire hanging from my desk.

I guess Chinese plastic aint what it used to be. But in Phantoms case I aint too sure it wasnt operator error. Or the pressure from that logger head was just too much for it to take.

I dunno.

ps: so what did you buy this time? Radio Shack might have a sale around Christmas.
                      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        Hallo, as some of you may have noticed through out the year, I've been complaining about Logitech products. I'm sure everyone has good experience with them but I can't understand why everything I purchase from them turns out lousy! I don't know, I like to think I'm not too violent when it comes to my computer accessories.

About a month ago I took off my headphones by pulling my left ear cup to the side and up (Like I always do, what kind of douche actually holds both ear cups and pull them apart slightly and up?) and that's when the Right ear cup snapped. Picture will explain it later. I used some Loctite glue (God bless that super glue, it can glue anything to everything) and it worked fine, I can't move the ear cup anymore but it wasn't a problem. Yesterday, I was also being careful with it and this time the damn Left ear cup snapped. I tried to super glue this one but gave up midway from frustration and went to Newegg to buy a new headset, avoiding Logitech.

While I was playing BF3, when I broke it, I was chatting with a friend who wanted me to join on teamspeak. I told him I broke my G35 headset and 3 people in the server almost at the same time typed "That little ball bearing broke off?" Then everyone LOL'd at me and logitech.

Why can't companies that make headsets that are normally 20 dollars and sell "advanced" headsets for 130 dollars and make them just as cheap? I am sick and tired of all those "gamer" performance parts dying within the year. They are advertising it for basement dwellers and yet they can only handle the weakness of a casual xbox weekend warrior? The hell with you, Logitech.

RZR4LiFE

Oh, the picture...

And thanks for reading. That is all.
                        Thanks for posting that Pic. I was going to get my daughter a G35 but now I'll pass. I use the wireless G930 so I assumed the G35 was exactly the same except for the wire. But now I'm looking at a ton of broken G35 pics and realize they are very different. And a lot of then have the padded material around the ear pieces breaking down in the photos too. I have about 500+ hours on my head set and they look just like the day I bought them. I shave my head every 4 days or so and usually my head has some rough stubble. I thought for sure it would tear these up. I had the ear cups break down on a pair of $500 Sony studio monitors, and on a pair of Plantronics gaming headset before I got these. I'm sure given my track record it will happen to these too, but so far so good.
                        Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I remember reading some reviews about these breaking at the same point yours broke. I have the 930s and thought they were the same so I looked to see if I was getting some fracture there and it appears that they are designed differently at that point. Mine seem OK.

The swivel point looks a bit different.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

For anyone in the market seriously

by far the best for gaming.
                            Bonus points: works with all systems and is 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                              I remember reading some reviews about these breaking at the same point yours broke. I have the 930s and thought they were the same so I looked to see if I was getting some fracture there and it appears that they are designed differently at that point. Mine seem OK.

The swivel point looks a bit different.

Yeah my 930's continue to rock as well

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
                                And a lot of then have the padded material around the ear pieces breaking down in the photos too.
                                Yes, that happened to me too. I would finish gaming and my ears would be full of black vinyl- and this time it's from the headphones! I took the headphone pads out and soaked them in water, then I tore all the extra falling vinyl out.

I ordered these 3 days ago and should be on my door step this afternoon.

Newegg.com - Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 3.5mm 6.3mm Connector Circumaural Open-Air Dynamic Headphone

They were the first on the newegg list so I read about them and watched reviews. The reason I got them is because they looked and were said to be very comfortable. The only oversight was the fact that I didn't even know it didn't have a mic. Yesterday I went to look at the specs again and noticed it didn't have a mic. But I don't want to send it back. I just got a mic from Amazon that basically attaches to your collar or I'll just stick it to the headphones. It was 8 bucks. I wanted to get that new Razer headphone but it was out of stock.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X