Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New website! :D

hola!

hey, I just re-did my website, it used to be completely flash but I hated it because updating it was a pain in the butt and very time-consuming, so I decided to try the wordpress script... what do you think???? what would you change????

LFCamacho | Online Portfolio | LFCamacho

any feedback is appreciated, k'thanks.

not trying Html 5 ?
    I can't look at work because my computer is 5 yrs old
    Last edited by goldenfooler; 8 May 2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Very nice, Luis! Only suggestion at the moment is "keep up the good work!".

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        Very nice, Luis! Only suggestion at the moment is "keep up the good work!".
        Gracias!! I will

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
        not trying Html 5 ?
        I can't look at work because my computer is 5 yrs old
        uhmm, I didn't think of that... I'll check it out, thanks!! what would you recommend???

Comment

I actually have no experience with it, but just read an article on the BBC website about it.

Comment

Feedback? That's the best thing I do!

1. Drop the smiley faces, you're supposed to be an artist, not a 5 year old with macaroni portraits. : D

2. The WELCOME in your WELCOME message is all caps, I hate all caps.

3. I love the way the paintings are separated by genre. I don't like how you can't zoom in on them.

4. The 4th picture in your Paintings gallery looks like a vagina. Not a complaint, I would love more lol

Apart from those, I really think you have the skill. I still draw my houses with a square and triangle, so I can't judge your paintings. I know if I was ever a snobby 16th century British king I would love your paintings (I can use smileys because I'm 5 years old).

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Feedback? That's the best thing I do!

1. Drop the smiley faces, you're supposed to be an artist, not a 5 year old with macaroni portraits. : D

2. The WELCOME in your WELCOME message is all caps, I hate all caps.

3. I love the way the paintings are separated by genre. I don't like how you can't zoom in on them.

4. The 4th picture in your Paintings gallery looks like a vagina. Not a complaint, I would love more lol

Apart from those, I really think you have the skill. I still draw my houses with a square and triangle, so I can't judge your paintings. I know if I was ever a snobby 16th century British king I would love your paintings (I can use smileys because I'm 5 years old).
              LOL! say what?! ...well, that's what I call constructive criticism

ok, you made good points there KP, I fixed the caps in "Welcome" and a couple more I found on another page. I got rid of all smileys because I actually felt a little ashamed after you called me out on that ...after all this is my portfolio FFS, it is supposed to be professional!!

zooming is disabled for protection, that way people won't use/steal them, and if they do, they will get a crappy, low resolution image

that is NOT a vagina, it's a dancer

thanks for the feedback!!! what else????

Comment

lol! That's great. I agree on the zoom thing, I was going to steal them myself

Apart from that, I wish you a lot of success in your career.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Obligatory statement: Needs more cowbell.

Edit: Retract my previous statement..I found boobies. Woot. Screw the vagina that KP found(Wait...KP actually would), motorboating time.
                    [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

good thing KP never looked at georgia okeefe paintings

Comment

From a design POV i'd make the header/menu smaller. Not sure if it's a resolution thing but the header/menu area is taking up roughly 35% of my browser space.

This can easily be fixed by removing the page name as is it currently displayed twice, and right next to each other. I'd keep the smaller one.

Removed.

Just my opinion.

edit: Small typo in the about me page. Exhibit needs changing to exhibited.

Really nice artwork btw. Never seen any of it before.

Comment

Oh, one more thing from juneau's screenshots. Links should be hyper linked with "click here" or "here" and such instead of the whole URL in the paragraph.

Also, Link to boob portrait?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            From a design POV i'd make the header/menu smaller. Not sure if it's a resolution thing but the header/menu area is taking up roughly 35% of my browser space.

edit: Small typo in the about me page. Exhibit needs changing to exhibited.

Really nice artwork btw. Never seen any of it before.
                            Done!! I removed the Page title and shrunk the headed/menu area 10px, that should do ....AND typo corrected.

Good eye Juneau, thanks!

And KP, links fixed as well, they were getting on my nerves, I was going to fix them yesterday but I totally forgot about it

keep the feedback coming!!

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              Also, Link to boob portrait?
                              Hahaha, Digitalisms | LFCamacho
                              [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X