No announcement yet.

New website! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom look at this link and see how many pictures remind you of what you only see online.

Natural and Still Life Forms -

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
      Phantom look at this link and see how many pictures remind you of what you only see online.

Natural and Still Life Forms -

I count seven.
      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

ok, I'm DONE! I spent all evening adding information and fixing stuff. I uploaded more images to the "Digitalisms" gallery, you are welcome KP
        Now the Home page looks different, and I added a section for press and publications. I like it the way it is now. Thanks guys for the feedback!!!

if you see another thing that you consider should be different, let me know

Comment

Your facebook link has the

Where it shows short bio there is a picture not coming up.
          Your resume icon isn't working as well. link is just not whatever picture should be up there.

Where does someone buy your work?
          I would do a link for upcoming shows and past shows seperate.

are some of the names of the paintings in other languages(dutch?) maybe translation needed for those of us who are stupid

Overall I think the website looks much better then the first one.

Role player by night I think would be my favorite of what I see.

Comment

Your facebook link has the

Where it shows short bio there is a picture not coming up.
            Your resume icon isn't working as well. link is just not whatever picture should be up there.

Where does someone buy your work?
            I would do a link for upcoming shows and past shows seperate.

are some of the names of the paintings in other languages(dutch?) maybe translation needed for those of us who are stupid

Overall I think the website looks much better then the first one.

Role player by night I think would be my favorite of what I see.
            thanks! the Facebook link isn't smiling anymore

those pictures not showing shouldn't be there... it looks like that because one of the plugins is calling for an image to place it there, I need to remove some code on the plugin to fix it.

some paintings have names in different languages, they were intended that way ...it's not Dutch... some of them are Spanish, Danish, Faroese and a couple are in Latin.

I don't sell paintings online or even post prices online, they are sold in Galleries directly or with me. Although, I thought about selling some small paintings (collectables) through my website, I already found some scripts that I might use in case I decide to do it

and I thought about a section for future and past events, but right now I don't have shows... so I'll just wait until something comes up

thanks!!!

Comment

Looks good man. Wordpress rocks.

Comment

I love the gallery with the boobs. The first picture is a portrait of Dexter and the rest are dismembered women, and a man with tiny boobs. I was turned on and confused at the same time, just the way I like it.

P.S. (Golden) There were 8 paintings that reminded me of body parts that I like. Especially the peaches, each one looks like a small butt. When I go to the produce section at Wal Mart I feel all the peaches and nectarines. I don't like the plums because they are black. No racist.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  I don't like the plums because they are black. No racist.
                  Wow. lololol
                  [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I love the gallery with the boobs. The first picture is a portrait of Dexter and the rest are dismembered women, and a man with tiny boobs. I was turned on and confused at the same time, just the way I like it.

P.S. (Golden) There were 8 paintings that reminded me of body parts that I like. Especially the peaches, each one looks like a small butt. When I go to the produce section at Wal Mart I feel all the peaches and nectarines. I don't like the plums because they are black. No racist.
                    LOL!!!!!!

Looks great Luis.

Comment

Originally posted by Luis_Dark View Post
                      thanks! the Facebook link isn't smiling anymore

those pictures not showing shouldn't be there... it looks like that because one of the plugins is calling for an image to place it there, I need to remove some code on the plugin to fix it.

some paintings have names in different languages, they were intended that way ...it's not Dutch... some of them are Spanish, Danish, Faroese and a couple are in Latin.

I don't sell paintings online or even post prices online, they are sold in Galleries directly or with me. Although, I thought about selling some small paintings (collectables) through my website, I already found some scripts that I might use in case I decide to do it

and I thought about a section for future and past events, but right now I don't have shows... so I'll just wait until something comes up

thanks!!!
                      I thought after posting that you might not want to put prices, I am guessing paintings are sold a little like cars with the best offer someone might want to do . Might want to do sizes I guess.

At what point would you try to do prints?

Danish-dutch.. close enough

I mentioned the events because you have date on the site set as future.. unless its misdated

Collective Exhibition. “Artmoney – Thy 2012” (June 30th, 2012), Limfjordscentret Doverodde Købmandsgård, Thy, Denmark.

2 of your pictures that look to be Portraiture are under digitalisms

Would be a cool thing to see your studio work place under things about you. If you have a dedicated space. If not I would just be curious to see your space.

Comment

Esta muy chula, Luis
                        K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                        sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

When I go to the produce section at Wal Mart I feel all the peaches and nectarines.
                          lol !!
                          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                            Esta muy chula, Luis
                            muchas gracias

At what point would you try to do prints?

I mentioned the events because you have date on the site set as future.. unless its misdated

Collective Exhibition. “Artmoney – Thy 2012” (June 30th, 2012), Limfjordscentret Doverodde Købmandsgård, Thy, Denmark.

2 of your pictures that look to be Portraiture are under digitalisms
                            I don't do prints, that's prostitution in the arts.

that event in Denmark is in June, and I thought I could use a flyer or something and then put it on my homepage as part of the slide

those 2 pictures are also in the Portraiture gallery but they were made on photoshop, that's why I included them on Digitalisms

Comment

Originally posted by Luis_Dark View Post
                              muchas gracias

I don't do prints, that's prostitution in the arts.

those 2 pictures are also in the Portraiture gallery but they were made on photoshop, that's why I included them on Digitalisms
                              I couldn't tell the difference at looking at them. I do admit I am not staring looking for something different.

I just like the picture and doubt I can afford . I always though of prints as allowing the masses to see them more often.

On that subject what are you thoughts on things like the scream having been painted several times slightly different from each other?

Comment

making different versions of the same painting is a common thing to do, but each artist has his own reasons to do it... take Picasso for example, he did about 15 different version of "The women Algiers", I read somewhere that he was obsessed with the original (painted by Delacroix) and painting it that many times was his way of discovering all its secrets.

In the case of Edvard Munch, those versions are so alike it feels like he was trying to resell them to make some extra money... He made one, people loved it, he sold it but someone probably said: -oh man, I wanted it for me!! and he replied: -no worries and I make you one ...next year he did the same for another person and later people found out and he had no choice but to make lithographs to make everybody happy!! hehe ...I dunno the story behind those version, but my story makes sense to me

Lithographs are a valid technique in Fine Arts, they require knowledge, and it's actually a very complex process. They are made by the artist itself using the real thing (pigments, resins, lacquer, grease, etc, etc). Prints are just cheap copies of the original work.

if you are interested in buying art, do it directly with the artist, it will be way cheaper than buying it through a store or art gallery because they take an average of 40%.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X