Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Driver Day

http://m.host.madison.com/ct/news/lo...9bb2963f4.html

Our waste-of-space governor declares this because Driver won a dance competition on the television. A political, senseless softball three weeks before his recall election, lol.

They always do this. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
      They always do this. Nothing to see here.
      Really? The only other instance I can remember is when our last Republican governor, Tommy Thompson, declared such and such a day "GREEN BAY SPLACKER DAy" (drunk off his gourd, he was, lmao).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TmtP82EjE8

Comment

There is a increased sense of pride for the community for some people. I wonder how this in general makes the overall populace feel and if it generates in just a happier place or money.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          There is a increased sense of pride for the community for some people. I wonder how this in general makes the overall populace feel and if it generates in just a happier place or money.
          I think naming days for athletes simply dumbs some members of the community down further (like a medical pioneer or physicist, etc. might be worthwhile...but dance contest winner? Pulleeeze). And, granted, Driver is a good guy, hard worker, likeable, etc...but that doesn't merit having a day named after him: if so, every day of the year would be taken by now.

Comment

Hmmm seems kind of harmless, are you more upset at your elected governor or at this particular event?
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              I think naming days for athletes simply dumbs some members of the community down further (like a medical pioneer or physicist, etc. might be worthwhile...but dance contest winner? Pulleeeze). And, granted, Driver is a good guy, hard worker, likeable, etc...but that doesn't merit having a day named after him: if so, every day of the year would be taken by now.
              Personally I wouldn't name a day after him. But the bigger question is what does this do to people in his town. This should have a morale boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                Hmmm seems kind of harmless, are you more upset at your elected governor or at this particular event?
                Not that upset, but seems a waste of ink and insult to intelligence. If it boosts anyone, I would be ashamed of them.

Comment

Not that upset, but seems a waste of ink and insult to intelligence. If it boosts anyone, I would be ashamed of them.
                  This happens all over the place in this country. It's a ceremonial thing, and you probably don't even hear about most of them.

"Gossip Girl" Day
                  Jeremy Evans Day (2012 Slam Dunk Champ)
                  Steve Jobs Day
                  No Name Calling Day
                  Diaper Need Awareness Day

Oh, and did you miss Wisconsin's State Employee Recognition Day?

Comment

This happens all over the place in this country. It's a ceremonial thing, and you probably don't even hear about most of them.

"Gossip Girl" Day
                    Steve Jobs Day
                    No Name Calling Day

Nor do I want to.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

"Gossip Girl" Day
                      Steve Jobs Day
                      No Name Calling Day

Gossip girl day? lol

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

"Gossip Girl" Day
                        Steve Jobs Day
                        No Name Calling Day

Good find, I guess. All ridiculous; however, I will be sure to put them on my calendar, and fly my Donald Driver flag next May!

And, Walker's state employee recognition day is as heartfelt and sincere as an Arab Appreciation Day would be in Israel. He stripped their bargaining rights, cut pay and pension nearly 15%, and is now looking into opening their private, fully funded retirement plan to fill his budget holes...all this after finally admitting it wasn't about fixing the budget, in a conversation with a state billionaire long ago....

Comment

I will be sure to put them on my calendar, and fly my Donald Driver flag next May!
                          There won't be a Donald Driver Day next year, or any year. It's just May 23, 2012.

The rest of your diatribe is the governor fixing the wound in WI's fiscal matters. First you have to remove the knife (i.e. public unions) before you can patch the wound.

Comment

Here's one for you guys.

Trayvon Martin Day declared at D.C. elementary school | WJLA.com

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                              Awesome! I'll wear my hoodie!

Will they have a day for the 900 kids who've been killed since then by gangstas?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X