Ravaged - Max Max meets BF3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/96300/

Up to 64 players
    Large outdoor maps
    Ground vehicles & choppers
    Unreal 3 Engine
    $25 pre-order/possibly $30 at release
    Summer 2012 release

Looks interesting, and for those that dismiss it as a Borderlands clone, the MP alone negates that comparison.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

That looks like something I could play.Wonder when the exact release date is.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

you can give the finger to a corpse? nice!

Comment

I'm waiting for Cain to read this thread. Unreal 3 engine, large maps and high player counts are something he enjoys, so I hope this game gains some traction in the community.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I don't like it. And I don't see it making it big on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
            I don't like it. And I don't see it making it big on PC.
            Care to elaborate on why ??

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
              Care to elaborate on why ??
              Just the type of game. The only games that really grow on PC are FPS and RTS (RTS is dying as well). The rest get a small percentage of players. RPGs are mostly played on Consoles, along with games like this. The 64 player part might be a push, but not enough. Post apocalyptic Twisted Metal with a heli (I don't really think it's a heli if you're so exposed) isn't going to make it, in my opinion. I'm sure I'll give it a try if a bunch of you guys play it. It's just pure peer pressure.

Comment

No wonder I never head of it. It just got fully funded from kickstarter a few months ago Ravaged by 2 Dawn Games Kickstarter

I dont see it becoming a hit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                  I dont see it becoming a hit anyway.
                  Its sometimes surprising what turns out to be a hit. Think back almost 10 years to Splash Damage's 'Enemy Territory' released in May '03 and how it initially had been considered a failure even from before it was released. I started playing the demo and found it to be a brilliant FPS that balanced the various class of soldiers in a neatly packaged MP only environment - think TF2 four years before TF2.

That game turned out to be a monster hit for MP players both here and at other game servers. And it was .. *gasp* ... FREE !!! It still remains the best free game for an FPS junkie. Only game I played longer than ET was Quake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfens...nemy_Territory

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                    Its sometimes surprising what turns out to be a hit. Think back almost 10 years to Splash Damage's 'Enemy Territory' released in May '03 and how it initially had been considered a failure even from before it was released. I started playing the demo and found it to be a brilliant FPS that balanced the various class of soldiers in a neatly packaged MP only environment - think TF2 four years before TF2.

That game turned out to be a monster hit for MP players both here and at other game servers. And it was .. *gasp* ... FREE !!! It still remains the best free game for an FPS junkie. Only game I played longer than ET was Quake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfens...nemy_Territory

HAHA This guy gave me a link to Wolfenstein ET

Comment

if it doesn't have 25,000+ players it's not a success i guess. lolol.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Apache Warrior
                        I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                        Apache...
                        18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                      Working...
                      X