Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Previous Thread (and help please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Previous Thread (and help please)

This is in reference to my last thread about internet not loading...

First off, Netgear QA has gone to crap in recent years imho... (now that I got that off my chest...)

Anyway the reason pages weren't loading is because there was a physical issue with my WNDR4000 router (aka Netgear N750). I RMA'ed that, received a new one (well it was shrink wrapped... who knows if it was new), and installed it only a few days ago.

Now it's having new issues... the wireless signal is extremely weak in one spot in the house where it used to be just fine.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on why it would do this? Is there interference on the 2.4 GHz band? I read microwaves can cause this (and the low signal occurs in the kitchen... but we used to get 2 bars, now usually none), and cell phones use the 2.4GHz band as well.

I've enabled 5 GHz wireless band but am I correct in thinking it won't help unless the device is able to operate on the 5GHz band as well?

What can I do?
    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Buy a different router... from WalMart so you can return it easily lol

Comment

Has anything changed in your house? Furniture moved etc?

That is correct about using the 5Ghz band. It is also weaker over a greater distance.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X