Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little overclocking fun, just hit 14285:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little overclocking fun, just hit 14285:)

Best to do this now before people smite my scores with the upcoming Nvidia/Intel releases lol.

Before OCing my score was, 11742

Before over clocking stock speeds are:
    FSB 333
    CPU 2.66
    Ram 800

8800gts 670 core 970 memory

After Over Clock:
    FSB 400
    CPU 3.2
    Ram 920

8000gts 780 core 1035 memory

What an upgrade From my P4 7800GS combo.
    I still can not get over how solid these core duos are.

Right now everything is on stock voltage. I know with a few more tweaks I'll be able to push it up into the fourteens

[edited for added info]
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

rofl. that is too funny!

nice job! what board are you using? cpu cooler? and voltage?

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
      rofl. that is too funny!

nice job! what board are you using? cpu cooler? and voltage?
      +1

I'm going to be overclocking mine soon.

Comment

It's nice to see the fruits of the OC.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

For the mobo I'm using the Blood Iron from DFI.

CPU cooler uses water, the Zalman reserator.

Crucial Ballistix ram 4 gigs ddr 800

CPU voltage is 1.16

I'm running into a hiccup now with my ram. Seems like it'll only go up to a 1000 if I relax the timings to CL5 resulting up to a 3.4ghz oc. I'm trying to unlink it from the cpu to set it at the factory timings of CL4 800. I've seen this board with same exact hardware make 3.6-3.7 with the ram set at 800. I should be happy with what I have but it's so much fun to push something beyond spec.

I had real scare this morning though lol. Messing around with the memory timings I had a really bad boot in vwhich resetting the bios jumper did nothing. No monitor just rapid beeping (memory error). Just a tad panicky on a whim I disconnected the power, pulled the system battery and made a promise to God that I'll probably never keep and got it to boot lol.

I know DFI boards have a fail safe bios key press when powering on but for the life of me I couldn't remember it.

Comment

45,992 for a top score ??? That should be achievable !! Just keep loading up on the voltage til you see sparks when you start it up, then back it down .001 volts.

Yep, the scary moments when you don't get that green light on the monitor are the worst ... I hate it when it stays amber !!!
            Three cheers to the guy that decided to make the CMOS reset a simple button press on the mainboard.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I was finally able to hit into the 14s, I is teh fastest for 5 similar systems, at least until tonight lol

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4730729

I finally got the voltages adjusted where windows and games work.

I think this is the best I'm going to do with stock card cooling. From what I've seen of this board/cpu/ram/vid card combo this is probably as good as I'm going to get right now. I'm going to run Orthos and see what happens next. All in all I'm pretty happy with the results. As geeky as this sounds it was pretty exciting to see triple digit fps at points in return to proxycon lol.

Comment

Nice!
                I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

It looks like you are having a fun time. Nice score!
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

1.16 volts?

My e6750 defaults at 1.35v.

Comment

1.16 was at 3.2 That was with the bios setting set to auto.

I was running into problems getting past 3.4
                      They have a thread in the over clockers forum on the Blood Iron:
                      http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...thread-79.html

A guy there has very similar specs to mine. I copied his settings and now my voltage is set at 1.55 to hit the 3.6 Before tweaking the voltage, windows would just load and would hang at the welcome screen. Temps haven't really changed so I'm not too worried. The E6750 + Blood Iron = that voltage seems to be standard for a 3.6 oc from what I've seen so far. Not bad for a board that retails for about $110.00

Despite a couple of oh s**t moments things went smoother than I thought. This is the first time I over clocked anything.

Comment

This is the first time I over clocked anything.
                        Thats what I was saying in 1997 with my Celeron 300A with a piece of black masking tape covering pin 21 on that bad boy !! Every PC that I have is OC'd, some mild, some wild. I always buy the chip with the intention of seeing what it'll do, and so far I have yet to damage any, but it sure is fun when it all works out well.
                        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Thats funny WT, I've been in the PC hobby for 12+ years and never really messed with it because I always thought it was beyond my skill. In truth I guess it was, but I've just been reading up so much on it I was like, ok I can do this. It also helped to find about three guys who had the same Mobo, Proc, and Ram as me on Overclockers lol.

All in all I picked up around 10-15 fps depending on the game and for spending sub $900.00 on a system, not a bad score. Was it really worth it? Eh, for the sake of learning yes. In reality I haven't noticed a difference visually, everything looked and ran great as it was. Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun. I guess rather than looking for performance it was more of a case of proving to myself, ok you big dummy you can do this.

Comment

i also have overclocked every CPU I've owned. starting with a 486DX2-66 overclocked to a 100 MHz

Comment

Ah the 486DX2-66 with math co-processor. I had that in my first computer, a Gateway. Came with 8 megs of ram and a 40 meg WD hard drive. That coupled with a 15" was a steal at $2,500.00 I later got an additional 8 megs of ram for only $400.00 lol, the memories.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X