• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server R31 update 9/20/12

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4785919456813/

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 2 days ago 1256 comments

Dear everyone,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our forums and social channels. We receive an immense amount of messages per day — and although we don’t have time to answer each and every one of them, we do take time to read them and address the most important issues you bring to us.

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill has been a huge hit, but we know that the gunship we introduced has been a bit overpowered in some situations. The bulk of our next server update on September 20th is directly based on community feedback from the past two weeks, aimed at re-balancing the gunship.

Following this server update on September 20th, there will also be a short planned downtime at 8:00 UTC where online gameplay on PC will not be available. We expect this outage to be 15 minutes long.

Gunship balancing in server update R31 on September 20th (all formats)
    • Stationary and mobile AA cannon damage has been reduced by 30% versus the gunship.
    Rationale: This fixes an issue where it was too easy for players to use stationary or mobile AA to shoot down the gunship from the other side of the map.

• Jet cannon damage has been reduced by 50% versus the gunship.
    Rationale: In Conquest mode, jets have been able to single-strafe a gunship and destroy it. This re-balance will require more skill from pilots to take it down.

• The delay before moving the gunship forward to a new base in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
    Rationale: Previously, the gunship was moved to the next base so quickly that it was possible to parachute from it into the base before defenders were able to prepare. This tweak will give defenders time to fall back and protect the valuable M-COM stations as intended.

• The Delay between gunship spawns has been increased from 90 to 120 seconds in Rush mode.
    Rationale: After destroying the gunship in Rush mode, it reappeared too quickly to be well-balanced. With a 50% increase in spawn time for the gunship, defenders will now have more time to focus on the crates and less of a constant overhanging threat from the gunship.

• Initial delay before the gunship spawns in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 60 seconds.
    Rationale: Before this update, the gunship gunners could find the enemy before the round and instakill them when the pre-round timer ran out. Now, it will take a full minute before the gunship will spawn, giving defenders ample time to prepare.

Other changes in the server update
    • Fixed a bug where a new squad leader wasn’t chosen when the current squad leader left.

• Fixed so that MK1A3 uses flechette rounds instead of frag rounds in Gun Master mode for Premium members (non-Premiums already have flechette rounds).

• Fixed a bug with Squad Rush on Sharqi Peninsula where the user was spawned outside the combat area if they deployed shortly after the first M-COM was destroyed.
    Why they have to mess with the Stationary and mobile AA. I thought it was fine as is bringing down the gunship

Obviously since the gunship is overpowered you would want to nerf the damage that could be done to it. Wait....

Comment

It's not that the gunship is overpowered. It's the fan base that's overpowering the judgement of the developers. If people actually worked together in servers rather than playing sniper all the time, the gunship would actually be quite under powered.

Although I did think the AA gun on the gunship was pretty damn powerful. If anything should be nerfed, it should be that thermal vision crap! lol!! That just makes it way too easy to shoot people. No skill in looking for the enemy.

Just you watch, people are going to complain that the gunship is worthless after the patch.

I must say though, taking damage away from the ground AA is a smart thing to do seeing as that thing is basically indestructable. I really don't think the AC130 should be flying over the enemy base anyway. Or near it. I was able to get in the AA quick and take it down as soon as I spawned..

BF3 is being run by a load of monkeys at the moment it seems

Comment

The grunts always get crapped on no matter what. My job is on the ground, I kill tanks. And I get handicapped a lot by the gunship and snipers. Tanks are hard enough to kill as it is, much less when you have to hide from 3d angles. X, Y , and Z.

As it is now. There are so many vehicles that most of the team is off doing something in the air, sniping , or in a tank battle that there are very few people capping anymore.

As a result, you have a bunch of useless people playing and doing their own thing on an objective based game and your team gets annihilated in short order. I dont know why they dont play TDM.

And yea the AC-130 spawn kills all the time. Couple that with thermal and it gets pretty rough. Dice isnt known for doing much of anything correctly. Just another example.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

How is the lag for having the ship over areas? (say compare vs 2142 ships. )

Comment

Havent noticed any lag like that.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X