Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America's Internet is crappy compared to other parts of the world

VERY interesting article guys.

Why Your Phone, Cable Internet Bills Cost So Much | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

Why Your Phone, Cable & Internet Bills Cost So Much

We're ranked, in internet speed , 29th in the world. Japan and Korea just laugh at our speeds.

True, but it could be worse ... like here:

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

The interviewer's right eye brow is scared of the left one.

Anways, America does have 3rd world country internet. I'm really hopping google is going to move its fiber to the entire country. Because ATT, Verizon, Cox, and Sprint aren't even trying to advance the internet. All they care about is their annoying 4G LTE that they won't shut up about.

Comment

Well considering Japan and Korea arent very big, I could see speeds being fast within the land mass itself. Had the same thing in Thailand on DSL. Was fine within the country , but once you broke away from the country itself it wasnt very good.

WT, thats just about what it looked like in Thailand also.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

This is so true. I've been to various countries and trust me when I say. U.S. internet infrastructure sucks, so all I can say is welcome to greedy capitalism.
          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
          Like the community? Donate here:
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

The first one to lay down any tech will be behind after a decade. The slower to react sometimes gets the newer tech and it costs alot for the first to reset.

Think roads, bridges ect.
            Also alot of countries have one telecom company or state run.

I am not for the higher prices and slower speeds just saying.

Comment

American internet is awesome, as long as you are willing to pay extra for the awesomeness.
              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X