No announcement yet.

Boot times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roughly 20 seconds from power to Ui with my 128 ssd. Couldnt live without it, only thing I would do different is larger size. Im in the same boat as Dead, when I bought mine they were still a bit on the high side of price so I went with the cheaper 128g. If I had it to do again I think I would have sucked it up and bought a 256g model, im constantly deleting to add on new stuff, is rather annoying, and thats with me keeping the drive rather lean. All I have on there is windows and the few games I am currently playing.

Comment

Just installed a new 256GB solid state drive last week and bumped my self to 10gb or ram so I would stop lagging in game.

After tweaking the bios i can be on Cainslair.com 24 seconds after I hit the power button
      [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by HeHeHeGS View Post
        Just installed a new 256GB solid state drive last week and bumped my self to 10gb or ram so I would stop lagging in game.

After tweaking the bios i can be on Cainslair.com 24 seconds after I hit the power button
        now thats cool

Comment

Originally posted by HeHeHeGS View Post

Amazing, isn't it ?? I stand by my earlier comment that an SSD is the biggest improvement you can perform to your PC these days.

I added a third SSD to my numerous builds, this one an older Kingston V100+ 96gb on my HTPC. It had a 1.5TB HDD running Windows Vista 32, and it now has the SSD as a boot drive and a 3TB Seagate HDD as the storage drive. Since Vista does not support TRIM, and the Kingston doesn't offer TRIM (using its own garbage collection algorithm) it was actually a good pairing.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

from from motherboard post screen disappearing to a useable desktop is about 14-16 seconds. I have a agility 4 hooked to a sata 3 port.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X