[WIP] Building Game Rig from BF deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] Building Game Rig from BF deals

Saw just a stream of PC component deals hit the waves and so I've decided to upgrade my C2D E6750 machine. I have a good 650w PSU and a XFX Double D HD 6870 that provides decent frame rates. I am going to re-use my case and this thread serves to share my upgrade long overdo.

Still need:
    Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
    SSD 128gb

Bought:

$104.99 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    $24.99 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    ----------------------
    $129.98

That i5 2500 for $99 I saw last week was a killer deal, and that 2500 can usually hit 4.5 with good cooling. Good luck in your searches.
    I picked up a 3TB Seagate HDD for $80 earlier today. Bought one last month for $127 and thought that was a good deal

Since you are looking for an SSD, I will recommend the Staples deal on the Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD for $65.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
      That i5 2500 for $99 I saw last week was a killer deal, and that 2500 can usually hit 4.5 with good cooling. Good luck in your searches.
      I picked up a 3TB Seagate HDD for $80 earlier today. Bought one last month for $127 and thought that was a good deal

Since you are looking for an SSD, I will recommend the Staples deal on the Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD for $65.
      Totally missed the 2500 deal. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Got a MicroCenter nearby ?? This is the best deal going on one so far:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...1155_Processor

$170 for an IB 3.4ghz i5 is a nice deal.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Pics needed.

Comment

Got a MicroCenter nearby ?? This is the best deal going on one so far:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...1155_Processor

$170 for an IB 3.4ghz i5 is a nice deal.
            No, unfortunately

Comment

Oh man, I need to stop buying hardware

Juneau, can I send you my CCs to love and care for ??? I've fallen off the wagon again on PC hardware purchases.

Chantme, if you have any friends that live near an MC, you can float them a 20 for buying that CPU for you and it will still be cheaper than buying anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by chantme View Post
                Saw just a stream of PC component deals hit the waves and so I've decided to upgrade my C2D E6750 machine. I have a good 650w PSU and a XFX Double D HD 6870 that provides decent frame rates. I am going to re-use my case and this thread serves to share my upgrade long overdo.

Still need:
                Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Bought:

$134.99SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25
                $104.99 ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
                $24.99 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
                ----------------------
                $264.87
                Guess you can't edit a post except your previous one. Picked up an SSD drive. Actually paid $125 with amazon bucks so quoted price reflects sale price of item.

Comment

I like your choices so far. That Sandisk SSD was a nice buy, and I'd say AsRock is my fave board brand now, even tho I've bought Gigabyte for my last two builds.
                  I liked those Ripjaw RAM kits so much I bought 2 - moving to 16GB on the main rig. 16GB of DDR3 1600 for under $50 ?? Couldn't resist.

Comment

Juneau, can I send you my CCs to love and care for ??? I've fallen off the wagon again on PC hardware purchases.

Chantme, if you have any friends that live near an MC, you can float them a 20 for buying that CPU for you and it will still be cheaper than buying anywhere else.
                    Sure! Your CC's will come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      Sure! Your CC's will come in handy.
                      And don't be surprised by any Hong Kong purchases that show up.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have the core i5 3570 running @ 4.3ghz with a coolermaster hyper 212 evo, single fan. idles at 30c.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X