Been banned?? Protest your ban here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been banned?? Protest your ban here!!

Please use the following form to protest your ban instead of opening conversations in the forums...we will get back to you with our decision

http://stats.cainslair.com/sourceban....php?p=protest

Comment

Ban Protest

Server says my steam ID is banned, but the ban protest page says it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by cacaface View Post
        Server says my steam ID is banned, but the ban protest page says it is not.
        You are listed with a 3 day ban for team killing. It expires tomorrow.
        [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I wasn't sure if we were supposed to reply to this, considering the thread is about not making a long thread about this sort of thing, but yes, c.c., you are on a 3-day suspension for attempting to teamkill. Considering the general rule is a permanent ban for intentional teamkilling, you should probably consider yourself lucky that you actually failed to accomplish your intended goal of "LMFstYle is getting TKd next round. Idiot with that flash." due to the server booting you for too much team damage before LMF actually died.

Now, generally we give warning to people regarding "Don't intentionally teamkill or you will be banned", but considering

A. due to your own actions, you were not around to be warned,
          B. getting teamflashed is a common occurrence you need to learn to deal with, and
          3. your general negative attitude that detracts from others' gameplay

I felt you could use a small vacation from what seemed to be seriously upsetting you.

Look, c.c., you're a good player. You have skill, and I've seen you be nice when others do well. Even with that said, when I see your name on the server, I know that most of the communication from you is going to be negative and abusive toward your teammates. People don't join a game to get yelled at by you. I honestly think that if you could get past this need to berate and badmouth other people's performance constantly, you could be a credit to the server. We all get frustrated. I've slapped my face watching teammates run in circles while a bomb went off two feet away. But you've got to know when to keep it to yourself, and not let a negative attitude be the most prominent feature of your character.

If you'd like to discuss the matter privately, send me a PM. In the meantime, as trip said, the ban ends tomorrow around the same time you tried to kill LMF, so about 11:00pm. You are still welcome to protest it to Cain or open a dialog with me to try to convince me to lift it early, but remember that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Comment

If I Tk'ed everyone who flashed me, I would be killing half of my team every round.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I think you meant "you catch more bees with honey than vinegar"
              [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
                I think you meant "you catch more bees with honey than vinegar"
                http://www.usingenglish.com/referenc...h+vinegar.html

Comment

That's weird, I always thought it was bees.

Anyway, we had a fruitfly problem at work, and Terminex actually recommended using vinegar with saran wrap to catch the flies. They would get in but not be able to get out.
                  [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I only posted here incase anyone else has the same problem not being able to see their ban. As for the other discussion, no need for that here and I appreciate the leniency. thanks

Comment

You should be able to see your ban. No one else except admins can see it. If you can not see it we need to have Sirex look into this.
                      Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

TK ban, but honest mistake. Guy runs infront of my shot and now I can't rejoin the server. This has happened twice already. I don't tk, i'm on the server a lot so people who recognize my name should know that.

UPDATE: The Ban lasted about 5 mins. I'm good now. However, this is still a weird issue. Is there anything that can be done about accidental friendly fire? Maybe, put it up to a vote as soon as it happens instead of auto-kick?

Comment

Originally posted by airfriend View Post
                          TK ban, but honest mistake. Guy runs infront of my shot and now I can't rejoin the server. This has happened twice already. I don't tk, i'm on the server a lot so people who recognize my name should know that.

UPDATE: The Ban lasted about 5 mins. I'm good now. However, this is still a weird issue. Is there anything that can be done about accidental friendly fire? Maybe, put it up to a vote as soon as it happens instead of auto-kick?
                          Yeah we have autokick on. I don't remember the exact details but I pretty sure it's: you get kicked, and then you're banned until the next match starts. It starts usually after 2 to 3 TK's or the equivalent of that in damage. Also if you attack teammates at round start, it kicks in even faster.
                          This is why I always tell everyone not to knife each other at the end of the round...

I know it sounds like really aggressive kicking, but it's only temporary and it has helped out ALOT. Especially when there's no admins on.

Comment

BubbleTea is correct. It really helps out when there are not any admins on. Unfortunately there are far to many asshats playing that like nothing more than causing trouble. The TK Kicker in combination with the vote system has really helped to keep the asshats under control. The TK Kicker also will kick and ban those who just like to team wound. Get enough wounding incidents on a map and you get to sit out the rest of the map. Even the admins will be booted for these. The only immunity admins have is the vote system.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              BubbleTea is correct. It really helps out when there are not any admins on. Unfortunately there are far to many asshats playing that like nothing more than causing trouble. The TK Kicker in combination with the vote system has really helped to keep the asshats under control. The TK Kicker also will kick and ban those who just like to team wound. Get enough wounding incidents on a map and you get to sit out the rest of the map. Even the admins will be booted for these. The only immunity admins have is the vote system.
                              Apache
                              Yup and you can't even unban yourself, you just have to sit those 5 minutes out.
                              [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X