nvidia video card/driver issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvidia video card/driver issues?

Anyone having some crazy blackscreen/ kernal issues with ther nvidia cards?

this just happened randomly to me earlier this morning.....everything was fine then all of a sudden my pc kept going black screen and then showing me a message

Display driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver, version 310.70 stopped responding and has successfully recovered

This incident first occured on my older drivers, 306.xx. So i figured it was because my stuff was out dated. Updated drivers to 310.70, problems still occuring. wasnt sure if i had a broken card or not so i did a last resort reformat of my system. Also updated my bios on my Motherboard and problem was still occuring.

as of right now, with no drivers installed just plugged into my monitor via dvi, everything is ok.(fresh install of windows no other programs or software) no black screen/freezing/crashing.

Im scared. what should i do? anyone else getting similar problems?

It might be a problem with the card, when you say no drivers? Do you mean you are using a generic driver for video?

Comment

RMA'd. called asus tech support and apparently this is a pretty well known issue.

When i said no "drivers", i meant with just a formatted hard disk with windows, and monitor hooked into the video card. So i guess it would be stock/generic drivers yea.

Strange thing is that it happened out of no where after about a month.. i wonder what the physical problem actually is though.

Is it bad to leave a computer on and for extended periods of time?

Comment

Originally posted by milk bags View Post
        Is it bad to leave a computer on and for extended periods of time?
        It's not. I just feel like it's a waste of electricity. You do need to restart every once in a while to clean out your memory. I know Juneau never turns off his computer.

Comment

Most likely a physical issue there is just way too many things to list. But it does happen.

Comment

You could try and go back to some old drivers and see if it still does it. I'd go way back to the first compatable driver for that card and work my way up. If that doesnt work then it could just be the card itself. I didnt see where you flashed the bios on the card itself. They may come out with a better bios for the card and fix the issue like that.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X