Information for Cobalt and others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information for Cobalt and others!

Hey guys, this is a message to all the guys on TS that I normally play with. This past weekend was awesome and I've got to say that I was happy as hell. Unfortunately this has put me behind in homework! LOL

So my plan throughout the week to give me a dose of BF3 each night and still be able to get on with my homework is to meet you guys each night at 8:00PM. This is the time that I will normally be on and I'm creating this thread, so that you guys will know what's going on. I'll be able to play from 8:00PM - 11:00PM. Then on the weekends, I'll study during the day and come on late at night. I know I normally see Cobalt on in the mornings on the weekend, but I can't get distracted like that! lol

Anyway, I thought I would let you guys know what my plan is for the next few days. Let me know what you guys think. Is that going to be good enough? I've been trying to find something that will motivate me to do well in school and being on TS with people that actually have a career in computers, it will give me the simulated affect that I'm surrounded by like minded people. Now I'm just rambling since I'm bored. I'm going to cut it short here and get out of class. I'm actually done with my programming stuff. Easy... And I mean easy class!

Take care guys, I love playing with you all!

Juneau, if you're reading this, I wish you all the best and I hope that everything goes well. I understand the emotions you can't control. I've been going through the same thing, but you've got to keep in mind that you will always have friends and family that love and care about you. Hell we all care about you! I think about you all the time when I'm playing BF3, wondering when you're going to end up coming on TS one day to have fun with some Jihad jeeps!!

Please keep us updated on everything!

Man I haven't played BF3 in ages. Are you guys playing vanilla?
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
      Man I haven't played BF3 in ages. Are you guys playing vanilla?
      No, the wusses play HC. Every time I join on Cobalt, Niles, or Drisel I end up in some douchey Hardcore server where everyone has a false sense of professionalism and are either snipers or medics. Easy kills, just not as easy to knife.

Comment

Sorry, I meant rather than Aftermath or Armored Kill. I haven't purchased any of the DLC.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Sorry, I meant rather than Aftermath or Armored Kill. I haven't purchased any of the DLC.
          It seems like all they're playing is Aftermath.

Comment

thats the problem with the game. You have to keep chasing the DLC to play with others.

Comment

Hey Dead, we're normally playing Aftermath. We're premium members :P

If you want to get on TS with us, PM Cobalt for the information. I'm sure we would do some rounds in the other servers. And hardcore is the way to go. Why would I want to have an orange triangle above my head? I always thought of Vanilla as being beginner like in an FPS. I should have to count each round that I have and not have noobish cross hairs in my way of aiming. That's how true gamers play. Something with a challenge. Although it would be nice if they color coated your friends, so that you could see them even if they're not in your squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
                Hey Dead, we're normally playing Aftermath. We're premium members :P

If you want to get on TS with us, PM Cobalt for the information. I'm sure we would do some rounds in the other servers. And hardcore is the way to go. Why would I want to have an orange triangle above my head? I always thought of Vanilla as being beginner like in an FPS. I should have to count each round that I have and not have noobish cross hairs in my way of aiming. That's how true gamers play. Something with a challenge. Although it would be nice if they color coated your friends, so that you could see them even if they're not in your squad.
                Agreed 100% and I like the idea of 8pm... I want to cut back on the late night sessions on weeknights, right now I just play a few nights in a row then don't play for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
                  Agreed 100% and I like the idea of 8pm... I want to cut back on the late night sessions on weeknights, right now I just play a few nights in a row then don't play for a week.
                  Yeah, hopefully this can become the normal thing to do. I was able to make it last night because I got up too early and was way too tired to be able to see straight. I'm trying my best to get done with all this homework, but I'm still stuck on my Windows Single User class. The instructor isn't much help Instead of being a teacher, he's just there to make sure you do the work. I'm confused as to why I'm paying for this class. Normally you pay for a class to be taught something you don't know. Instead he gives you a book and tells you to read. I could've got to Barnes and Nobles and bought the same book and sat there to read it all...

Colleges are basically a waste of time for computers. You get a certificate or a degree and that's basically what you're paying for. I'm starting to realize that now. Maybe it's just the college that I'm in. Perhaps there are colleges around that actually teach the fundamentals of the computer. Just not this one. They expect that you know your stuff.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. If I get done with my homework, I'll end up getting on tonight. If you don't see me, then it took too long for me to complete my homework and I'm dealing with the loads of programs that I have to write for Programming lol!

Although I must say that I'm having loads of fun in my Hardware class! Took apart the IBM PS/2 Model 50 yesterday. That was a blast! I don't have the money to spend on antiques, so getting to play with the stuff in class is awesome!

I hope that everyone is doing well! Take care guys, I'm off to Networking class. Mmmm OSI model! IPv4 and IPv6.. Connectionless

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    No, the wusses play HC. Every time I join on Cobalt, Niles, or Drisel I end up in some douchey Hardcore server where everyone has a false sense of professionalism and are either snipers or medics. Easy kills, just not as easy to knife.
                    I'm with you on the HC servers. From my experience it seems like HC servers brings out snipers and campers. I do hop on and play an occasional round with them though.
                    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I cannot find my game

I am also getting a message that says-
                      Windows detected a hard disk problem

Ok, ok, I am an idiot and I am only "assuming" this means my hard drive is about to die.

I still have been looking for my game and if I cannot find it in a few more days I plan on just buying another one. I need a stress reliever from kids and school and gaming is one of the best!
                      So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
                      A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Yeah, hopefully this can become the normal thing to do. I was able to make it last night because I got up too early and was way too tired to be able to see straight. I'm trying my best to get done with all this homework, but I'm still stuck on my Windows Single User class. The instructor isn't much help Instead of being a teacher, he's just there to make sure you do the work. I'm confused as to why I'm paying for this class. Normally you pay for a class to be taught something you don't know. Instead he gives you a book and tells you to read. I could've got to Barnes and Nobles and bought the same book and sat there to read it all...

Colleges are basically a waste of time for computers. You get a certificate or a degree and that's basically what you're paying for. I'm starting to realize that now. Maybe it's just the college that I'm in. Perhaps there are colleges around that actually teach the fundamentals of the computer. Just not this one. They expect that you know your stuff.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. If I get done with my homework, I'll end up getting on tonight. If you don't see me, then it took too long for me to complete my homework and I'm dealing with the loads of programs that I have to write for Programming lol!

Although I must say that I'm having loads of fun in my Hardware class! Took apart the IBM PS/2 Model 50 yesterday. That was a blast! I don't have the money to spend on antiques, so getting to play with the stuff in class is awesome!

I hope that everyone is doing well! Take care guys, I'm off to Networking class. Mmmm OSI model! IPv4 and IPv6.. Connectionless
                        Yeah my favorite was the hands on diagnosing part where I started cutting wires to re-solder a power supply and he stopped me since they needed it to be broken for the next people.

Just talked to a guy on Friday of last week who was a senior in the IT program and they had not taught him a single thing about networking or hardware virtualization... We are doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
                          Yeah my favorite was the hands on diagnosing part where I started cutting wires to re-solder a power supply and he stopped me since they needed it to be broken for the next people.

Just talked to a guy on Friday of last week who was a senior in the IT program and they had not taught him a single thing about networking or hardware virtualization... We are doomed.
                          Well hell Nate, we need to keep in touch for when I get further into my degree. Perhaps you could help me get a foot in the door of your department. Of course I'll have to live with you.. LOL Nah I'm kidding, I'm sure I could find a cardboard box

Seriously though if you find out something to where I can be of assistance, that'll be awesome.

To Lady-MGS, you're not an idiot. You're getting that error because Windows can't repair that part of the disk that is causing failures on the harddrive.

Comment

I received a degree in Electrical Engineering, and TBH I probably only use 5% of what I actually learned in class. You learn a lot of different things to get your degree, but when you actually get a job you will only learn a small portion of it (unless you go for a Masters or PHD)

Comment

I received a degree in Electrical Engineering, and TBH I probably only use 5% of what I actually learned in class. You learn a lot of different things to get your degree, but when you actually get a job you will only learn a small portion of it (unless you go for a Masters or PHD)
                              I think when it comes to Electrical Engineering, they really want you to understand numerous concepts. Not sure if that is similar to Networking or not, but I definitely know that they want you to learn and understand the concepts of just about anything that you go into. Then it's all about using your brain when you come out of college to apply those concepts in new inventive ways. If I was the type of person that could design circuit boards, I'd probably have it made, but I'm no where close to being an engineer. I can just solve problems most times lol

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X