My Keyboard Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Keyboard Layout

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this will at all help anyone, but I thought I would share to you all how I play BF3 and pretty much any First Person Shooter. I'm going to put the essentials down as a start because there is no point in putting the default keys that I use in there. But this for me is best suited to ease cramped situations. It should help with carpal tunnel if you so have it. At least that's what I'm thinking. Having your fingers in that cramped of a position can lead to some problems. Once you get used to using your pinky, you'll never go back to using WSAD LOL. I would love to know you're thoughts on this layout as well.

----------- Movement ---------------
    Forward: E
    Backward: D
    Left Strafe: A
    Right Strafe: F
    Sprint: W
    Crouch: Left Shift

---------- Weapons ----------------
    Grenade Throw: Middle Mouse Button
    Melee: Side Mouse Button, any of the two on the side of the mouse will work. The USE key is on the alternate button.
    Holding Breath: Left Alt

-------- Mouse Settings ------------
    Keep in mind that I'm using a Death Adder from Razer, but to be honest I was using the same settings I do now that I did with the R.A.T 7 Mouse.

DPI is set to 1800 along with pulling rate at 1000hz, the acceleration is completely off and I've configured Windows to not have any acceleration.

Inside of Battlefield 3, I have set the mouse sensitivity settings down as low as it can go, then from there I've pressed the right arrow for more precise control of the option, pressing on the right arrow 5 times. From there you should set it to your comfort level.

--------- Summary ----------------

This is just a quick thread to let you guys know my layout if you want to try it and see if it is more comfortable for you guys. I figure everyone should have nade throw on their middle mouse button as it's seriously easier to get to. Anyway, I hope that you guys enjoyed this. Otherwise I just wasted five minutes typing this lmao

That is an odd layout. Do you keep your ring finger on W and your pinky on A?

I use a G13 and do a custom layout for every game...
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

My ring finger is on the W. So when I'm sprinting in BF3, I hold down E and W at the same time. I haven't figured out what to use S for lmao

Comment

By the way, just to update this layout, I recent switched my secondary button to S and my primary button to T. T was used to toggle the flash light, but I don't run with that thing anyway, but just in case I pick up another gun with a flashlight, I went ahead and put that to G.

LOL It's a little above the norm, but everything is right there. No more stretching out the fingers unnecessarily

Comment

I run everything bone stock for keyboard layout. Mouse at 1400 dpi (2k or higher if I'm in a jet), 1000mhz. I also play the game in colorblind mode.
          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

EDSF for movement. C for crouch, v for prone, r for nading, and T for VOIP. Backup keys for other functions come down to q and z for some things depending on the game and I use tab for scoreboard or inventory. Flashlights often end up as B because they don't get a lot of use but I do need to reach it easily. Shift for sprinting.

The mouse is left shoot, right zoom (toggle on/off if option available rather than hold for zoom), middle button reload, thumb button melee.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Sweet, I'm not the only person that doesn't like the WSAD layout. I tried playing Dust 514 on the PS3 with the keyboard and mouse, but they want you to use WSAD keys. To be honest, I'm not about to cramp my hand with that. I'm surprised at your layout though Rand. I should've renamed the title of the thread to "What's your keyboard layout?" Other than being selfish, but that's how I will be until I get to a therapist LOL

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X