In need of an AMD AM2/2+ mATX board, Intel CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of an AMD AM2/2+ mATX board, Intel CPUs

Anyone have one of these things gathering dust in their closet ?? I have pretty much sold off all of my extra hardware in the past 6 months - probably 8 PCs that I managed to build from spare parts, and have a nice AM2+ X2 7850 Kuma Black Edition chip that needs a board.

I just bought two boards this week but both are Intel ATX boards for builds. I had forgotten I even had this AMD chip, and it's been lapped so I had no idea what it was. I tried to use it with an MSI K9N SLI Platinum board I have, but that board doesn't support the Agena based X2 Kuma chip - only the older X2 Brisbane or Windsor chip family.

I would like an mATX board if at all possible, as I have a few mini-tower cases, and last I checked an ATX board won't fit in the mini-towers

Also looking for a Q6600 or a Q8300, or even an e5400 chip for those Intel boards. I have lost three auctions just today by a grand total of $2.50. Another $3 and I'd be the owner of two 7500s and an 8400.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Is that MSI board one of the two I sent you years ago?
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oh heck no !! Those board were sold within 3 months of me getting them. Nothing hangs around here long. I actually rarely buy MSI any more - too many issues with poor VRMs on their boards, but at $20 shipped I couldn't pass on it.

Getting back into ATV riding is taking so much money that I'm pretty much broke, and this is before I sink $600+ into a trailer to get me around. So I find that the only way I can make some money is to keep building rigs from spare parts and sell 'em off. It keeps me entertained, and I still enjoy building them and helping out all the buyers who are rocking a 9 year old single core Pentium 4 2.4 PC.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Filled in a few missing holes but now I need some really cheap PCIe video cards. By cheap, I mean cheap, like ATI x300 or Nvidia 6200 cheap. If anyone has something collecting dust, send it my way in exchange for some cash. You like cash, don't you ??

Note to self: Make sure to buy the mATX boards instead of the ATX boards next time, as they already have onboard video that helps to keep build costs down.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
          by Apache Warrior
          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
        • Reply to 6 years
          by Sirex
          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
          Just hit 2.5K miles...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
          by Sirex
          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
          by Sirex
          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
          by Sirex
          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
        Working...
        X