Sound Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Cards

I was thinking of getting one. I have good speakers and don't have a dedicated sound card right now.
    Any ideas would be welcome.
    This is my computer

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE (Intel P67 Chipset) (New B3 Revision) (Does Not Support SLI)
    System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair XMS3 Series (High-Performance)
    Power Supply: 600W Corsair CX600 V2(just put in a new one)
    Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
    Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
    Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
    Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
    Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
    Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler
    CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
    Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)

Any PCIe X-Fi will sound a ton better than whatever shitty onboard sound you have.

I have this one:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&Q=&A=details

Got it on sale
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm impress golden. Didn't know u had such an amazing rig.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Your on board sound is perfectly fine, what you need is an amp and dac with bookshelf speakers

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
          Notsureifsarcasmorserious.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
            I admit I bought it and didn't put it together myself... I did need to add a new PSU when one went bad.

What is a Dac? and I have THX speakers with subwoofer.

Comment

Why do you want a sound board? Integrated not providing adequate quality or function?

Dedicated sound boards used to be essential, but integrated audio has improved a lot. As integrated became common, game developers began including proper sound handling. In the old days, they designed for Sound Blaster emulation.

Comment

I just was thinking of upgrading. It is a question if I should do it or not. If I could get better sound... why not. I have the slot of the thing.

Of course I could bump my ram to 16gb as well.

Comment

VERY doubtful that your sound will improve. It's all about your speakers, not the card. You seriously play using speakers? That explains a lot. The directional sound is terrible. You NEED to use headphones if you are gaming. You need to know where those bullets and footsteps are coming from. Even a simple 2.1 headset will improve your reflexes. A 5.1 or a true 7.1 headset will give your ears the best experience.

Comment

I hate things on my ears. Plus I can't find any stores around me to try the things on.
                    I won't buy a $100 set of headphones without knowing if it it will fit my head...I got a big head. Usually XXXL for my head size on hats.

Comment

Well, then, have fun not knowing where I am coming from to knife you in Battlefield 4.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        Well, then, have fun not knowing where I am coming from to knife you in Battlefield 4.
                        The fun is when I knife you. If I get that close to you then something is wrong. ORRR you just have food in your hand.

Comment

Onboard != offboard. I had a PCI X-Fi on my old rig. When I built my current rig, it was supposed to have good onboard sound. I decided to try it. Wasn't even close. Especially when it came to directional sound. The quality just wasn't as good. So I went back to my 3-4 year old offboard card. Some time later I saw the PCIe X-Fi titanium on sale and picked it up.
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

The current onboard is light years ahead of what it was as close as 12months ago. As long as you have a semi decent board you'll have similar audio quality to most dedicated cards.

I'm with Kanagawa. Get yourself an amp, dac, and some good speakers if you want to see a real improvement.

Comment

And get surround sound headphones for in game. They really help you with directionality.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X