vote kick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vote kick

I just have reinstalled my game again , and came into the server about 10 - 15 mins ago. I was trying to adjust some of my keyboard settings when this idiot, cacaface starts a vote kick and gets me kicked. Now I do not know about the rest of but this is very damn irritating. I was not afk. Damn, when did such asshats start playing here at Cain's.

-=]CL[=-ICEViper
    Last edited by Cain; 4 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM.

You might want to do that before entering the game, depending on who is in there, they might vote you for afk. Anyone can start a vote.
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

A votekick only lasts a minute, but on a busy night, it can be a pain to get back on. Best suggestion: adjust your keyboard settings before getting in. If you want to talk to cacaface, he's registered on the forums, and can be reasonable.

Comment

well, I guess that I am old school when it comes to vote kicking people. You don't vote kick someone just because they go still in the game for a minute or less. if they have been AFK for at least 1-2 rounds, then I can see the vote kick coming. To me its just another way to be an asshat during game especially if the server is full, because it does take a bit to get back in. You don't just vote kick someone simply because you have the ability to do so. I have admin'd on CS servers for a long time , and in fact, I did here at Cain's way before some of you ever knew we were here. Its just simple kindness and giving someone the benefits of the doubt.

Any way, have a good day,

-=}CL[=-ICEViper

Comment

Yeah annoying as it maybe unfortunatly it happens.

Worst case is if your 'afk' and have the bomb, or are the last one alive.
          Those usually trigger them to start vote kicking.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't give people a lot of leeway if they go AFK and the server is full. There are people waiting to get on, I guarantee it. If someone has wandered off to answer the phone, feed the dog, use the bathroom, and they remain on a team instead of going to spectator, I will call a vote to kick them and let someone waiting to play on. That's just the way it is. I'll give the AFKer about half a round to get playing, assuming they aren't holding up the game by being the last alive or carrying the bomb. If you've got the bomb and are AFK, I won't even waste time calling a vote. I'll either slay you or kick you to avoid ruining the game for everyone else.

There are some people who abuse the system, it's true. I've seen people call votes simply because they didn't like someone's play style. I've seen people call votes because someone accidentally killed them. Remember, simply calling a vote isn't enough to get kicked. The rest of the team has to (a majority) agree. Some people are lazy and vote yes just to get the vote over with. That's unfortunate. Others are smart though and say, "Why are we doing this?"

Best advice I can give you though: if you're going to go AFK for ANY reason, change to spectator team first. You'll lose any accrued money, but nobody pays attention to spectators to see if they're AFK or not, and you have a set fair amount of time before the server will boot you for inactivity. Of course, this won't save you from me on a busy night. When there's teams are full, it generally means there are people waiting to join, and it's not fair to them to have to wait while someone else goofs around and isn't even playing.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X